I wish husky made a trials bike.

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Colo moto, Nov 9, 2008.

1. surly Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Kelly, you taking notes on that kick stand? :D

Surly, looks like you had it made. cool pic:thumbsup:
  3. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

The side stand was a brilliant and simple design that wrapped around the lower swing arm when in the up position. Completly out of the way and tucked in.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  5. surly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Never had a problem with it. My ridding buddy had a Scorpa and I think it didn't have a side stand (he might have taken it off).
    The 280 motor is awesome. I rode the Scorpa 250 and it was actually harder for me. YMMV

I think a Husky 250 with a heavier flywheel, trials tire and low low gearing would be fun and cheaper than the TRide.
  6. Boom Boom Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think a Husky 250 with a heavier flywheel, trials tire and low low gearing would be fun and cheaper than the TRide.

Now you are reading my mind.
    My suspension is lowered 2". Trials tires and the works. Stearing angle seems steeper than the KTM and turning radius tighter. With a few minor mods it can be even tighter.
    Gonna be a log hopping rock crawling wonder bike for a fraction of the cost of the T-Ride.
  7. Lurkerlou Husqvarna
    B Class

I have always loved trials myself and I own a vintage English trials bike. Actually has been in my family since it was new in 73.

Dalesman with a 125 Sachs engine.

[IMG]
  8. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thats one sweet looking 73. cool its stayed in the family all those years.:thumbsup:
  9. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    Husqvarna did make a few trials bikes way back when.
  10. wulf22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 2001 Sherco 2.9 and I love it. It's just a great change of pace from trail riding. Thinking of doing a few local trial events next summer just for fun.