1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC I wanna change my 4cs to open chamber buy buying a pair

Discussion in '2st' started by HS507, Jan 2, 2017.

1. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz450,crf150r,crf100f,crf50f
    My axle is the new 2016 husk te300 but the forks for sale are woods revalved for my ride style and weight rating but they are old style larger hub on bottom, how do i make em wirk? New wheel and axle or hub change out??. 500 better than 1100 Stillwell intermediate on my CC fork or Ohiln inserts, any wisdom fellas?
  2. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Should need nothing but the proper wheel spacers and the correct diameter axle for those forks you are planning on buying.
    Unlike many other bikes.
    Many of the KTM/Husky wheels are all the same. The wheel spacers ride inside the actual wheels bearings allowing the same rim and hub to fit other models with different sized axles.
    If you know what year the forks are just order or get the matching axle and spacers specific to fit the hole on the forks lower lug, your wheel should work, requiring no other modification.
    HS507 likes this.
  3. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks. Yes perfect. Im done with cc forks
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    If I remeber right there are quite a few companies that convert them to oc forks. May be another option depending on price for the used set
  5. Skyllz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE350S
    Search for Dal Soggio Ray kit. I just received it for 4cs, going in shortly, It's been getting rave reviews as an excellent kit for the 4CS and make them work. CSR sells the kit for 500$ now... prices went up a little since they cant keep them on the shelves.
  6. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Interesting. I will google it. I bought open chamber revalved for woods and my spring rate for 500
  7. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bearin
    Bearings and seals too because of diameter and spacer collar internal and with 2 outer spacers right?
  8. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    No, you shouldn't need to replace the bearings /seals unless they are bad.

Many years of wheels all use the same bearings. Just the spacers are different for a change in axle diameter.

The OD of the spacers ( if you had both sets sitting in front of you), are the same as the original ones.

You could essentially bore your originals out to the size of the other forks larger axle, when you get that axle. If you have access to a lathe.

For what its worth though you could buy a larger ID set of spacers for less than what your time is worth, because just the ID hole on the wheel spacers will need to be larger to fit the size of the new larger diameter axle you need.

As I said before, the wheels spacers ride down into the ID of the wheels bearings. They are not only stepped to fit down into the ID of those bearings but that steps shoulder bottoms out up against the outer edge of the wheel bearings as well once they are in the wheel. The OD of the spacer rides against the seal. As long as your seals and bearings are good on the wheel, you should be good to go.

The axle doesn't actually come in contact with the wheels bearings as is the case with other common applications. Only the spacers do. The axle passes right through the stepped spacers. A change of spacers allows for a change of axle diameter. Do you get it ?

By just changing the wheel spacers. This allows the wheel, to be able to be used and swapped to several year models of KTM/HUSKY/Husaberg's.

The spacers themselves to do all the necking up or down for the change to different axle sizes of various years. The different ID holes on the spacers allows for multiple axle diameters to be used on the same wheel, by just swapping the spacers.
    HS507 likes this.
  9. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ok, yes i see. Thank you
    Big Timmy likes this.
  10. Husq-a-daygo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15' TE300, 16'FE450
    I had the opposite issue. I was trying to run my 2015 wheels (since they were built aftemarket Talons) on my 2016 forks and axel. I swapped the bearing and seals off the 2016 wheel and found some washer stacks (in lieu of spacers) that came close to fill the void between the bearing seal and the forks. From what I remember the spacing wasn't even on both sides to make the rotor line up with the caliper. Anyways I ran it for a couple hundred miles. The washers got bevelled out pretty good from the beating. I think warp 9 can make the proper spacers if they dont already.
    HS507 likes this.
  11. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Im just buying OEM spacers and axle. Found used axle for 37 and spacers are 26 new