1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st I think I need a WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Zomby woof, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I agree. Those bikes were heavily discounted here as well, and they're also orphans with potential parts problems and little to no support. Good bikes, but not worth anywhere near what people are asking for them.

A few other local examples that are seriously overpriced

http://www.kijiji.ca/b-motorcycles/ontario/husqvarna/c30l9004a114
  2. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250 W/300 kit, 2013 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Harley FXLR 10th year edition
    I have a 300 kit on my 07 250wr, race head and a six speed. Just for kicks I've been running 15/44. It will torque up all of the climbs around home. Really pretty amazing. I Installed ZSP haven't ridden it much yet, think I'm going to like it for trail riding. Not so much for climbing. I should say, if I DON't make it.
  3. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    Thats how i feel, the 165 is a nice engine- but not for mx... i feel more comfortable with my 125.
  4. Loco Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Yeah, I've noticed that the prices in the US are much lower than up here in Canada! I paid $2,400 cdn for my '06 last year...
  5. gwynfryn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr250
    Well I don't want to be a downer but awning my 09 wr250 was hard work.
    No other bike ever required as much fettling or deteriorated as quickly as that bike.
    In all my years racing it was the only bike I've had a dnf on. The muffler mounts snapped off and the race commissioner pulled me out, two and a half hours into a three hour cross country.
    That bike was bought new, ridden hard, and maintained fastidiously but within two years I gave up throwing money at it!
    That 250 motor though was superb.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Must have been bad luck or damage mate - the guy has a Husky 125 and they are all the same in that regard and Ive found them to be very tough and reliable
  7. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I did own a 2008 cr125 that converted to 165 and it did have a lot more snap and better on mx track. But did not handle as good as my 2013 wr165 off road. Both bikes converted to 165 had way difference feel, think it has to do with ignition and flywheel weight. I like 2013 wr165 way better for off road the tighter nastier single track the better.
    Dirtdame and NCSteve like this.
  8. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Well.... after weighing my options, I had decided to watch over the winter, and see if a leftover '16 SX 150 came available at the right price. Then a low hour WR300 came up on Kijiji. So I went to look at it, it looked solid, so I grabbed it. I'll ride it for the rest of the season in practice, maybe run one event, and decide if it works for me or not. It's a lot of bike for my WFO riding style, so we'll see how that goes :banana:
    I've never ridden a bike like this before. Looking forward to putting some hours on it.
    wait4me, lankydoug, juicypips and 3 others like this.
  9. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    Curious to know what your thoughts were on the 300...I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a bigger bore 2 stroke for next year's OO events. Ran a couple events (mini-pine and Strickland XC)in Vet C and place pretty well on the 144. The smaller tank on the CR kept me from first place last weekend at Stricklands..and always worrying about range on this tank for rides is starting to wear on me.
  10. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    You should have spent the money on that tank I found on ebay!

I've been very busy, and only ridden the bike on my own property so far, but will be going out this morning to do a little woods and MX.

It doesn't have as much bottom end power as I was expecting, but pulls like a bear in the mid to top end. Although I haven't done any motor, or carb work yet, so it could just be setup. Having the PWK, I expected it to be really strong on the bottom, but it's not. It's a little lazy. Could easily be jetting.

So I decided to do a little prep last night, adjust the levers, the bars the way I like them, and pull the spacers off the top triple to drop the bars down a bit. Since I was that far, I decided to open up the forks and have a look. Can't recall what is stock, but it had .42 springs, which somebody was smart enough to engrave on the top coil. They felt stiff, and that is stiff for me, so I decided to check the .40's I took out of my CR150 (in favour of .38's - I like my suspension soft). Surprise, they fit. The Racetech site said they didn't (thought I might try), but the only difference was the length, the .40's being about 10 mm shorter. So I had a spacer that was about 7mm, and used that. The front feels much better now, the suspension feels balanced.

So with that, I'm ready to roll. But holy cow this thing can be a bitch to start cold with running shoes on. I need a 6 X 6 wood block on the left side, just so I can balance it :banana:
    ripnriding and Dirtdame like this.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    You WILL bruise your arch starting it in running shoes.
    Bill502, NCSteve and Dirtdame like this.
  12. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    No doubt, mine bruised my foot and sprained my ankle and I was wearing work boots! Now it's riding boots only and I use an extra bike stand for my left side to really get some leverage on the beast. :cheers:
  13. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I even managed to bruise my instep while kicking my 300 while I was wearing my Crossfires! When the bike is cold, I like to roll it up next to the car, and use the bumper or a tire to get some height and balance to give the kicker a good stab.
  14. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I must be tougher than I thought :banana:

Thrashed it today at our club's MX track. I went back and forth between it and the CR150. I take back what I said about lack of low end power. I was wrong. It makes ridiculous low, mid and top end power. Definitely a learning curve for me. I'll be 55 in a few months and I've never ridden anything but a 125.
    We'll see. I'll ride it the rest of the season, maybe race it next weekend, then make a decision. I have some parts coming for the 150 that should address the power situation :thinking:
  15. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :lol:
  16. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300

I was going to say that I was somewhat disappointed with the low end also, but a Husqvarna Race head fixed that. They are no longer available, but you can send your head to RB Designs and have the squish redone if you feel the need. http://www.rb-designs.com/
    lankydoug and NCSteve like this.
  17. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Apparently I'm tough enough to keep starting it in runners, but the power is a bit much for me at this point. Not sure I could even handle more. I had big plans, until I rode it on the track.

Anyway, I might do the squish over the winter, if i don't sell it to finance something different, but I can do it myself http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/cr150-squish-band.82542/

Spoke to that RB guy a few times. He's an interesting dude, that's for sure
  18. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The trifecta for getting the most for you're money on a 2 stroke engine is 1. Pipe, 2. Lectron and 3. squish done for race fuel.
  19. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300

The 300 head is different than the 125. It has a rib that sticks down around the combustion chamber and may need specialized tooling to properly machine.
  20. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    No special tools required, but if it did, I'd have them anyway
    Eaglefreek likes this.