1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

I love the LED age.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Dirtdame, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Its still 16 5watt LEDS. I'm not believing this is not the real rating and is a perceived brightness rating but I'll not argue about it. Enjoy what works for you.
  2. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    I'll have to agree with with duggoey, they must be saying it is the equivalent of an 80w halogen, not that it puts out 80 watts. Just looked at it again and according to the listing, it uses the Cree XB-D emitter which is only 3w max each anyway.

Even IF it could put out 80 watts, it wouldn't last long as that little guy doesn't have the heat sinking for that much output and would just cook itself. I have a BD squadron pro on my 610 which is rated at 4300lumens/40 watts (uses 4x Cree XM-L2 which are 10w each) and it gets a bit warm when running full tilt. Of course it'll spontaneously combust any small animals that cross my path too :lol:
  3. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    A lot of reviewes on amazon for different LEDs have found that even though there led they purchased says it puts out a certain amount of lumens, and uses such and such wattage is wrong. The cheap LEDs have cheap drivers that don't allow the full forward voltage, insufficient heat paste used, small heat sink, and a cheap reflector and lense. And supposedly, when they are advertised as cree LEDs, they are rejected Cree diodes that didn't put out enough light(lumens). There's a reason some led lights cost so much compared to the cheap Chinese made amazon and eBay lights. I'm not knocking them, as I own at least 5 different amazon led lights. The worst is a 40" 240 watt light I bought for $50. I knew it was to good to be true. One 27w small led I have puts out more light than the 240w.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Yep, you get what you pay for in most cases.
    268fords likes this.
  5. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Not sure what you mean sorry.
    Here in Aus they have been phasing out incandescent globes for houses for years. On the compact fluorescent and LED packaging it also shows 'equivalent to xx W incandescent bulb' and lumens. The rated W should match the actual energy consumption (V * A = W) (1 W = 1J joule per second). Rather than W acting as a quasi light output it actually equates to energy consumption, except where it explicitly refers to 'equivalent to xx W' at least in Australia.
    Motosportz and Huskynoobee like this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thats exactly the point I have been trying to make here but others think it is a equivalent rating.
  7. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510 - SMS 125 - TE 250 - TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    The worst crap I got on ebay was that one:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/CREE-U2-30W-...335592?hash=item462aa791a8:g:0nUAAOSwNSxU7YXF

My son kept telling me his 50 sherco light was weak at night, so I wanted to try the chinese thing as a auxiliary, as they sell it as a motorbike light. Well, what a piece of crap. I cannot even figure out what it was meant to be used for. It makes a perfect circle of 1m diameter at a distance of 10 meters. What the... ? People are allowed to advertise that?
  8. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    :)

[IMG]
    Clete likes this.
  9. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    image.jpg I haven't had a chance to test this yet on the trail, but at night in the neighborhood, it adds a huge amount of usable light in a flood pattern. 18w and $25 on amazon.

image.jpg 27w ($25 for 2 on amazon) These are very bright and useful, just kind of big.
    image.jpg 240w ($50 on amazon). One 27w light is brighter, and whiter than this light. This light has a slight purplish tint to it. Going to remove and maybe find some use for it.

I don't know why the 2nd and 3rd pic came out upside down.
  10. Ron West Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda NX250, & 2000 Africa Twin

What the Hell for $14 bucks, but did you order it from China? How long did that take?

Ron
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    From China. Usually takes less than two weeks.
    Ron West likes this.
  12. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Interesting placement on the round one.
  13. River-Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511, 2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM690 Enduro
    Just put a baja designs system with a MotoMinded 3-d printed bracket on my KTM690-Husky 701. It uses a 2-led light for the low beam and a 4 LED light plus the 2-led low beam for the high beam. Holy Cow - this is so cool - FLAME ON!!! I can see deer and elk in the ditches now - hell, I can make deer jerkey if I hit 'em with the high beam. We are talking a major, major upgrade from stock. No one has flashed me on the street/highway as the LED seems to have a pretty good cut off. The guys at Motominded take baja designs LED light fixtures and make brackets on 3-d printers to fit the stock KTM light shrouds where the OEM light bolted in. This is so cool, these guys can make state of the art parts for our dual sport needs at a small portion of the costs required to make mass produced parts traditionally. I really think this is the future of the accessory market.

Motominded.com
  14. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Makes backing trailers up at night easier. Can also swivel them around to see the sides of the road while driving through the woods at night( tight switchbacks on jeep roads, don't tell my truck it's a full size :) ). Truck has a 6" lift, and the lights are able to light up behind and to the sides real well. Stock F350 back up lights are pathetic!
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  15. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    So, I finally got my led in the mail today. I live in northern france, far in the countryside, and the asphalt at the moment is muddy, wet, and it is dark at 5 pm

Here is the stock light on on the 125 ( pic from inside my garage, my son just came back from school , only 5 miles, but they seem forever in these conditions ):

[IMG]

and here is the led

[IMG]

No opportunity to testride tonight - he called it a day - but it looks way better
    Cosmokenney and Dirtdame like this.
  16. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    After night ride, high beam is way too wide, we are back to stock bulb.
  17. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Hey Dirtdame what's the news on the bulb? Has it fried or does it melt the lense? Looks like my WR takes the same BA20D.
  18. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    It ran cool, but went toes up after about thirty minutes.:mad: I guess I'll have to get the stator reworked for DC output if I want the bulb to last.
    On another note, the 6v LED tail bulb that I used on my 86 KDX200 is still going great after several months of usage.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  19. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Thanks! A buddy of mine has a two KDXs. One 220 and one 200. I think I actually like the 200 better.