1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC I installed the JD Tuner on the 2019 300I

Discussion in '2st' started by Kam1, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    I broke down and installed the JD jetting tuner on my 300 4 rides ago , the stock settings are not that bad, just wanted a little richer for family rides. ( slow, yes I have the wr450 , and my trusty 04 tc 450 ) The install was simple , The pre programmed off road setting was an improvement , I have added 1 notch on idle setting richer beyond what JD had set, I like it. The bike now broke in , is more responsive, little livelier in my hmo, I like it. JD tuner is an improvement , I still have this one spot when cruising that just isn't quite right , lean or rich ? I don't know ? I want to make one thing very clear , the bike is very good in stock form , does it have more power now, YES, DO I really need more power than stock, not really, I am old slow, and fat ! ( I have lost 70lb in last year, I had no idea how far I let my self go- darn scale). The 300 did better on family ride with the JD tuner on it, just felt happier, I think with a taller seat could be a do all bike for off road , and that spot in rpm when cruising when it jusn't doesn't feel, or sound quite right, I can do better.( I Think.) I want all to know before you take my advice , I know automotive engines , I know the sound of a happy 4 stroke bike, I continue learning about 2 strokes. The bottom line for me is, in the tight stuff, this 300 is amazing, what I can tell it can be a do all bike if needed , your 4 stroke will be happier most likely on family rides, if it has a fan. I would love to try the GET ecu with the Slavens map , but my dirt bike budget is blown for a year, or three, just saying. Thanks for your time, sorry for my grammar skills, I knapped during that period, and now regret it.
    robertaccio likes this.
  2. V8Astro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Strada / 2008 SMR510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS500, Yamaha TR125L
    I went the GET route and couldn’t be happier. I think it could use more fuel up top. Like a lot more. More than the 30% the app allows me to add. I got mine from Slavens but his customer service and people skilled are appalling so I won’t be dealing with him anymore

Also, that spot when cruising where it “doesn’t feel right”, try taking a little bit of fuel out. I noticed on my Gas Gas when I had the needle in the wrong position it would sputter and chug like it couldn’t clean up. Dropped the needle a clip and the problem was gone. Same with the stock 250i map. Real lean everywhere but right where I needed to cruise it would sputter. My belief it was too rich
    Kam1 likes this.
  3. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    I have tweaked a little further with JD tuner , very happy- performing 20 hour service this weekend , replacing spark plug (keeping old one as spare) will update how things look.
    Jersey Woods likes this.