1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Hybrid tyres anyone tried on a big bore

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by jo360, Feb 24, 2017.

1. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    Anyone tried the new motoz hybrids or can recommend something along those lines sedonas are hard to find around here did have a mt43 on my gasgas200 was pretty happy with it apart from having less side wall grip.
  2. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Since I bought every trelleborg ten masters from my local dealer the dust was free 15 years ago. They ran great dug in like crazy never ripped a knob off. Trench diggers. Now with none in the states I switched to the IRC 140-18 scary big and the IRC M5B 5:10-17 and 5:10-18 tires. Since the huskys love to spin tires the bigger knobbies the better. Not a bad replacement for the orginal trelleborgs.

I laugh inside when the non husky riders see the size of the 140/5:10 tires on the huskies.
    2premo likes this.
  3. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    Agree normally go with a big rear, but going to be setting up a regular loop on a friend of a friends property and thought running a hybrid would be less damaging motoz are readily available here so was looking into those running 4psi on husky pegged rims.
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Smaller sized tires spin more.
  5. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    The motoz are a wide heavy trye and at 4 psi should have a big footprint at higher speed would imagine centrifugals expand tyre to give a smaller footprint, wondered if the pegged rims coul d be a problem at low psi.