1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Husvarna TE450 2004 Bottom End Donor

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Steve Jenkins, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Steve Jenkins Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Hi guys,

So my 2004 TE450 suffered some significant damage while kick starting it recently, very similar to what is described in this thread:

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/case-cracked-from-kickstarting.25585/

Living in Australia, used parts are few an far between (and ridiculously expensive) so my only real option at this point is to get one from overseas shipped out.

My question is what models will be suitable donors for this model bike in my situation? For example, I have chased down a TC450 of the same year but my understanding they are a 5 speed and TEs are a 6 speed. This would not be a problem if I could just use to crank cases and transfer them to my other bike. Alternatively, I have also found a newer model complete bottom end (2008) and I am wondering if this could be a straight swap.

The best option is to chase up some second had cases but for me to source them from a wreckers here it will be over $1k! It would cost lest to ship a complete bottom end from the US.

Any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated. It's killing me not using my bike. Daylight savings just started and I hear people riding round after work and I'm stuck at home like a sucker.
  2. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Wow man- sorry to hear/see this. I'm afraid I don't have any solid advice for you...just passing on my condolences as I know the feeling (as my TE630 cracked the case 2 weeks ago, so I am also sucking wind watching others ride while I tear mine down to nothing.)
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 2004 TC 450 cases will swap. You are probably stuck with using 2004-2005 450/510 cases. Going to newer years will require kickstarter changes and the primary raio is different so the other gears mating to them are also different. There was a factory update to the 2004 kickstart to prevent the case cracking but a lot of bikes were never updated. I have also seen guys selling the old parts on ebat to unsuspecting buyers so beware.
    Centerline likes this.
  4. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    I would just use the tc 450 motor with your original stator. Yes its 5 speed but no counter balancer, better cams, 2 ring piston, and more compression = a much snappier and more powerful motor. I would do this with your te flywheel stator.
  5. Steve Jenkins Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Thank guys, I appreciate all the help and sympathy. I'm still a little confused as I am getting a bit of contradictory information from numerous people and sources.

When looking at the parts fische (http://www.husqvarnaoutlet.com/parts_fiche) the bottom end for TE250, TE450 and SMR450 are the same, but I have had a guy who has one in stock tell tell me adamantly that the 250 is different.

I have also had other people tell me that the TC uses different cases (verified by the fische) so I'm a little hesitant to shoot on purchasing the cases I have access to until I know for sure.

Also to clarify, I can only get my hands on the bottom end for the TC, not the entire motor and as I have plans to motard the bike the hearing etc for the TE is preferred.

Thanks in advance.
  6. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Steve, the TC 450 bottom end will be fine. The difference in the cases is the balancer bearing that is included in the TE/SM models. Look through the other parts and they are the same. I would just transfer the TE stuff into the TC cases and move on with it.