1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husqvarna Wr 125 2011

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Jamal323, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Jamal323 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr 125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KDX 125
    So I bought this bike and it ran well for the first 10 hours. After that the bike started to shut down while driving and I couldn't get it started and noticed that the bike doesn't have spark until the next day it ran for few minutes and did the same thing while driving and again didn't start until the next day. What could possibly be the problem, I have changed the spark plug a few times already and disconnected the kill switch and it doesn't seem to help. I've tried to measure the resistance values on stator and the coil but I'm not sure how to do it properly.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    It is more than likely the ignitor/coil unit on your bike. Typical, and this happened to my 2013 model as well. I replaced the ignitor and everything was fine.
  3. Jamal323 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr 125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KDX 125
    Well if this is true that the cause is ignitor/coil then I might have a second problem because the previous owner had changed the ignitor 10 hours before I bought the bike because his previous ignitor also broke so what could be destroying there ignitors.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I can't say. I rode my bike for 5 years before it conked out. Since replacing the ignitor on mine, it has run well for over three years and still going strong. Not sure when they changed from Kokusan to Ducati. I'm guessing t hat yours has a Ducati system in it , because my WR300 also has a Ducati ignition system in it. That ignition has been reliable for 10 years now. Your bike may have just somehow been unlucky enough to end up with two bad ignitions. I searched through the forum for any old threads on this problem that might shed some light on it, but really came up empty-handed. You may want to check your wiring harness and grounds, for starters though.
  5. Jamal323 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr 125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KDX 125
    I think in husqvarna wr 125 models from 2011 models and forward they have the ducati system. Could the Voltage rectifier have anything to do with this if it would be malfunctioning?
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I suppose if it put out voltage that was too high, it could ruin the ignition system on certain bikes. I have seen it happen in street bikes that have DC electrical systems. I haven't seen it happen on AC systems.