Husqvarna TR650 Terra Dyno'ed

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Cyntax, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Cyntax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra, 900R Nuda
    Other Motorcycles:
    MG V50 NATO III
    So I dyno'ed my Terra last year but I haven't had the time until now to share the results with you guys.

This is the setup that might affect the performance of the bike:
    - Stock airfilter
    - Bespoke exhaust with Akrapovic Hexagonal single can (with DB-Killer)
    - Pulsar JE2RT8 spark plugs
    - Power Commander V + Autotune

The funny thing is that my particular Terra does not even come near the factory specified performance of 58 bhp. The Torque figure isn't close either. It might be caused by how I set up the TR.

As you can see in the graph below the green line shows the map that I personally created with some experimenting that resulted in max 52,9 bhp. The dyno guy enriched the A/F by 25% because he noticed the TR was still running lean. The added benefits of enriching the bike is a smoother engine and better engine longevity. But by making those A/F modification the bike lost even more bhp which you can see by following the blue line. The 25% richer map resulted in a max bhp of 51,5.

IMG_4266.jpg

I still think I'm going to keep this modified map with the corresponding A/F target table because I trust that the dyno guy knows more about engine management than me. I do feel that the engine has become smoother so thats another benefit.

If any of you is interested in the PCV maps just let me know. I'll try to make time to hook my laptop to the Terra and export the maps. I have to warn you though that the maps are created corresponding to the region I am driving in which is the Netherlands. Being approximately 5 meters below sea level the pressures here are definitely different from those on higher elevations.
    Mal, mag00, vodka and 2 others like this.
  2. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    Your bike is fine.
    The 58 horsepower is probably the figure at the crank and not the rear wheel.

If you look at the TR650 rear wheel HP compared to the KTM690 (which everyone thinks is a fire breathing power house) & KLR you will see your results appear a bit better than what they got stock.

[IMG]
    Kenneth Webb and Cyntax like this.
  3. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    That's crazy! I thought the klr had more power than that.
  4. DeLewis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Yeah agreed, nothing wrong with those figures - I've seen estimates of 8-10 hp loss between crank and wheels.
  5. Newfoundlander Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra

Thats a good running KLR. Most are even bigger pieces of shit.
    turtlemoye and Mal like this.
  6. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    Thanks, even so it is more power than XR 650 L and Kawa anda yamaha teneree. next to KTM 690.
  7. vodka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200R , Yamy WR250R
    Cyntax...good work.
    I would be very grateful if you could upload those PCV maps. I have a PC and AT.. I think even tho I have the POD MOD and stock exhausts they may be close. Dont mind a small drop in power output for enginge longevity and smoother cooler running. Cheers
  8. GrumpyShamurai Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    76 XL350 - 74 XL125 - 07 FZ1
    I personally dont think you should hand out a tuners maps unless you ask them. You paid him money to do it for a reason. Not to mention you need to get your individual bike tuned, so many things change what your bike needs during a tune. Even just a few hundred feet in elevation.

I had the same result when i had mine tuned. Everyone here said he did it wrong when i posted it due to the loss of power though. The power from idle to redline is so buttery smooth though it could have took away another 5hp and i wouldn't have cared.