Husqvarna Te511 Conversion

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Biggins, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Biggins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 511 Husqvarna 701sm
    Before i ordered the rims i sent Alpina an email asking if they still were able to make the rims for my TE, which they replied yes so im hoping it is the TE hub haha ( i also chose TE on there website). Is there a way to tell without them being on the bike?
    I know the break disc on the SMR has a 5mm offset or something where as the TE doesn't but i just thought the hubs were the same on the front and it was the disc that was different because of the forks.

ill measure the hubs to the ones i have got on the bike at the moment tomorrow after work as i am taking the wheels off anyway and test fit it without the tires.
  2. Biggins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Also Caiman i saw your SWM the other day on here and can i say it looks so cool with the SMR parts on it :thumbsup:
  3. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    I believe the bolt holes for the brake disc on the front are different between the SMR and TE, the SMR uses 8mm disc mounting bolts, the TE uses 6mm... I think... don't hold me to that :p

The SWM is a mix of SMR510, SMR511 and SM500R parts, I just need more track days to ride and enjoy it, too much of a garage queen atm...!
    Biggins and jimmyc like this.
  4. Biggins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    They fit woohoo!!! :thumbsup: didn't check the rear ones though guess they will be alright. gonna order a Motomaster 320mm kit for the OEM brembos (Beringer setup in the future but gotta save some pennies first lol) this month.

20190412_180450.jpg
  5. Biggins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ok this is going to be a long one so strap in.

front wheel went in fine no problems bolted straight up

on to the rear

for future reference to anybody else that is going to put a 5 inch rear on this is for you

4.25 inch rim with a 150/60 r17 tire (below) this is what it looks like and the clearance from the chain

20190413_101244.jpg 20190413_101256.jpg

moving on, rear wheel went in without a hitch no problems with squeezing it in.
    i do recommend that you take out your chain guide as it makes the process much faster.

5 inch rim with a 160/60 r17 with the chain guide back in.

20190413_111931.jpg
  6. Biggins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    putting the chain on was the make or break moment. really didn't want to deal with the chain slapping the tire or worse the rim but there is just enough room
    im also running a chain with no O rings to get the most space possible.

20190413_112520.jpg 20190413_112513.jpg

I am super glad they fit, no pain at all putting them in however i do believe Alpina offset the rim slightly as i noticed compared to my other set the brake side is almost engulfed by the rim don't know weather other companies do this or if i'm just seeing things

but here is the final product went out with my mate for a ride and test for chain rub, glad to report there wasn't so that's good didn't have to use the chain slider.

20190413_131447.jpg

turned out pretty good, thanks to everyone for the advice throughout helped a lot :thumbsup:

next onto the brakes woohoo!!
    Eoin likes this.
  7. Biggins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Quick update

added a Motomaster 320mm disc up front

20190504_200143.jpg

Then i also decided to convert the exhaust to a full titanium FMF system for a TC449

20190818_193728.jpg

Its very loud now :)
    Teambowles and LandofMotards like this.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Nice setup! If you're still worried about chain slap at all check out Toxic Moto Racing based out of Utah. They have a reversible chain slider that is generic for any bike
    Biggins likes this.
  9. Biggins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    thanks man :) i did purchase one of those sliders but never needed to use it in the end, been riding it for a while now with no issues. gotta get the bike mapped now for the exhaust thinking of getting a power commander 5 and getting someone to tune it up. would love to see how much power it makes on a dyno :banana:
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Get a PCV and load Zip Ty's maps
    Biggins likes this.
  11. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Looks very nice. Your probably super lean now with exhaust, map 3 for sure, I don't think you'll need the PCV we ran ours with just map 3 and tps reset. After exhaust we definetly experienced flame outs. You'll notice a much better running bike with new map

Edit: if you go thru zip ty get one of their gas caps too well worth the money, if they still sell them
    Biggins likes this.
  12. Biggins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yeah i do think its probably very lean i also have the tc449 airbox with the extra holes probably doesn't help at the moment lol ill take it to my local husky dealer and get them to do a tps reset and map 3 see how it runs for a while then install a PCV and have some fun seeing how much juice i can pump out of the motor :)

I was looking at those fuel caps they look very nice was gonna order one with a breather kit because shipping to the UK is expensive. But i noticed Motosupplies had one of these up for sale the other day so i snagged it for a good deal

Husky fuel cap.jpg
    Teambowles likes this.
  13. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Cool anything aluminum is way better than the stock one. That stock plastic one was a pain in the butt
    Biggins likes this.
  14. Biggins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yeah i read up there were a lot of problems with those, bikes booked in to be reset and map 3 install on the 7th of September :)
    Teambowles likes this.
  15. Biggins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Got the TPS reset done apparently it was way out of alignment, riding it now feels like a new bike so much smoother.

oh and the blue has started to come through on the downpipe :banana:

20190908_190415.jpg
    BILLF and Teambowles like this.
  16. Biggins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    been a while but still going here is some new bits
    20200627_173830.jpg

95mm radial caliper adaptor
    Beringer 100mm 4 piston caliper
    new disc