1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Husqvarna Te 250/300

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Ash007ks, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Ash007ks Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gsxr 750
    Hi all, this is my first post so please be gentle haha.

I currently own two Husqvarnas, A 2003 CR 125 and my Enduro 2005 TE250/300.

The CR is like a dream however the TE I have had a few issues with

The bike ran ok ish when it was a 250 however it started to smoke one day after riding out on the trails and when i pulled the engine apart I noticed the piston was showing signs of wear and as such managed to nab a Athena 300 kit.

The piston from the kit was nearly new so i just re ringed the piston and put it all back together.

The problems I now have are the bike is horrendous to start, It will no longer idle less than 2.3k and then it will cut out and is hard to get re-going. Timing is fine and is timed up right. One of the inlet valves is leaking slightly however I can hear a loud noise from the airbox when I start to turn the idle down towards 2k almost like its choking.

Has anyone else had these symptoms before or can point me in the right direction.

The carb has been cleaned and it would appear the Pilot circuit is making no difference as I can turn the screw either way and nothing happens to the idle.
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    an intake valve is leaking "slightly"? I think you found your problem.

sounds like you need to do a valve job (smoking when it was a 250 could've meant rings; OR valve guides/ seals too). Do a compression test first, too.

good luck.
    R_Little likes this.
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Correct!

Those early 4 strokes had a problem with titanium valves not unlike the early 2004-5 Honda CRF250. Replace the valves and you will be golden.

Most replaced them with Stainless valves.

Do not force it to run or you will destroy the motor.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.