HUSQVARNA BAGS ARE HERE !!! FOR TR MODELS

Discussion in 'TR650' started by BILLF, Jun 25, 2013.

1. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
  2. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    Thank you Husqvarna for taking so long to get the factory luggage produced. The void created gave plenty of other manufacturers incentive to create their own options. :)
  3. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    How much $$$$ for racks and all?
  4. pkplex Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    R6, Ninja 250
    Any chance of some pictures of them opened up and such?
  5. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Lonfish and Coffee like this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Wow those look really good Bill. Thanks for making the effort to stock them. :thumbsup:
    Lonfish likes this.
  7. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    I would like to see them open too please.
  8. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Givi Monokey Trekker cases with Husqvarna logo...NICE! Okay, I really want a set just gotta save some $$ first
  9. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Cagiva Kaw Zuki Honda
    I had a set on order for 4 months....gave up and now have Trax set up....I have a set of Trekkers on my Cagiva.. very nice set up. I like the SW motech mounts better because you can take them off fast if you want to.
  10. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    tm250 016.jpg tm250 016.jpg

Attached Files:

11. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Nice, I was expecting the price to be steeper.

Is it too much to ask if there's been any news on the rear case with its beefier rack? Or the factory heated grips?

I was under the impression that these weren't going to be made.
  12. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    OK - more info from the top guy at Bills:

PN: 8540158 side panniers - no top (description may include luggage/bags, not sure)
    Includes both cases (Givi TRK33N cases, but through Husqvarna) and mounting hardware.
    Inside dimensions? How big of a box can it hold? A - 6" x 12" x 17.5"
    These outside dimensions seem about right from the Givi site: 20.7"L x 9.5"W x 16.2"H

PN: 8540158, is the only known OEM luggage that is coming.
    Standard monokey quick release. Quickly unlock/lock the box, just as quickly unlock/lock the box from/to the bike
    They come with 3 keys
    There is no beefy OEM rack coming

The pile on the floor is gone, 1 set avail, 1 more on the way. Then that will probably be it. Call asap if you want them.

(FYI- Givi wants $679 for 2 TRK33N cases, no mounting hardware)
    http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products/cases/trekker-series/trk33pack2-set-of-2-trk33n-detail

Other details should come from Bills, not me.

Here is the thread in Bills forum:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/husqvarna-bags-are-here-for-tr-models.33948/
  14. dangslow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra and a TE310
    I stopped by Bills today to pick up a couple of oil drain plug washers. Big mistake. On the way to the parts counter I noticed a Terra with Husky cases. I hope I didn't trample any women and children while stampeding my way for a closer look. $686.40. Dang, that's a lot of money for a couple of cases. Brian, the parts guru, pointed out that the racks are included at that price. Racks attach at the pass. footpeg and the rearmost factory rack mount with a cross bar that bolts together below the rear fender. Nice and solid. Also, the few that are out may be the last. Who knows? So, out came the card.
    Apparently they were originally going to include a different rack assembly for mounting a top case. Parts A and B on the drawing are not included. There are two handles included that are intended for passenger use that are supposed to replace the factory plastic rack. Bill came up with some mods to allow use of the factory rack. I'll post up some more pics when I get this mounted up. Too bad about the topcase mount. Looks like what we are all needing.
    100_1790.jpg

Attached Files:

Lonfish, rajobigguy, nev.. and 2 others like this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Seems like a good deal for two cases and all the mounting. :thumbsup:
  16. dangslow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra and a TE310
    Got the Husky cases on with no problems other than a little modification to the factory rack. The grab handles that were in the kit would have eliminated the rack. They must have been an afterthought because there was no mention of them in the installation instructions. I googled GIVI Trekker and most of the pics that come up do not show the side latches that are on these cases. The locks don't allow the key to be removed when in the unlocked position, but with this setup, I can leave the top latch unsecured, then put the lock in the locked position. Then the cases are locked to the rack but I can open the cases with the side latches. Handy if I need to get a sandwich, a drink or more AMMO without fussing with a key.
    100_1798.jpg 100_1801.jpg 100_1802.jpg 100_1803.jpg
  17. Trapperj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200 GS RALLY..KLR 650..Zrx 1200
    So...are they all sold out? I really like these and the price looks about par to me. Last week on my ride to Florida & back the only thing missing from my bigger GS was some decent luggage. I kinda hope there all gone...with a 6 month waiting list..lol maybe then I can resist.
    kjackbrown likes this.
  18. infinitipearl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 848 track bike "supermono"
    well, i bought the last set he had in stock this morning. dangslow - give the folks a call back, apparently they should be sending you some additional hardware and some instructions on some very minor modification of the rack so that the grab rails can be added. they told me they have one more set of boxes on order that they anticipate receiving for sale. who knows with the state of husky if they will make any more of these; i know they're supposed to continue providing parts for 10 years maybe, but who knows about accessories...
  19. dangslow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra and a TE310
    I think they are probably gone. And I don't know if there will be more. I just happen to live close to a dealer who can get the good stuff. Bill and his crew are doing a good job keeping me poor. I find it odd that Bill gets those cases the same day my social security check hits the bank. Coincidence? I think not!
    Hey, you California guys. Don't try THIS at home. 100_1805.jpg
    HARDER1 likes this.
  20. dangslow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra and a TE310
    100_1794.jpg 100_1795.jpg infinitipearl, how did I miss your post? Thanks, I'll go by tomorrow and see what's up. But I think the mod was to keep the factory rack since it has grab handles built in. Dang, I hope he hasn't got any more new stuff I can't resist.

Here what it looks like with the grab bars installed.