Husqvarna 2016 helmets

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Bigbill, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    whaaattt! Haha!
  2. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    A whole 140 without gear and 5'8. The 300 don't have to work hard at all and my 500 doesn't even know I'm there haha I'm used to not touching the ground easily as my dad gave me my 85 500 when I was 16 and it was never easy to stop so i never did haha
    XLEnduroMan likes this.
  3. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    My helmet arrived it's nice.
    Trenchcoat85 and Thumperama like this.
  4. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Actually I meant small! Not sure why I typed short! Haha! But I thought that was a kid riding that bike!
  5. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Awesome Bill. I personally like having gear that represents the brand! I even have a bunch of my dads husky products stuff still.
  6. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    My helmet is a tad small but I heard about putting a deflated soccer ball in it and pumping it up.
  7. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    wow, are you serious? that actually had me laughing out loud...i mean, the mental picture alone..
    really talking about some bad helmet fouls in this thread...hey its only a concussion
  8. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    No buy a new liner
  9. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The soccer ball will widen the helmet. The length is perfect it's a bit narrow. I have another new helmet with the same problem. I will ride slow I'll be fine.
  10. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I should buy another. I purchased a good brand of a older new husky helmet for the grandson. Still new in the box. It's a AGV for the kid.

With my accidents with the tractor and my two falls in the house my son says I need to wear my dirtbike gear all the time. Little punk kid, lmao.
    LandofMotards and 87husky500xc like this.
  11. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    The cushioning foam can be easily modified for a better fit without compromising safety at all (the energy absorbing foam- I don't recommend touching it... although I have in the past).

Use a dremel with a coarse stone and put small holes and grooves in the cushions (aka pads, padding). Go slow, try the fit on many times until you get a good feel for the effect. I should mention that you're taking the cushions out and working the backside of 'em.

I also do the Dick Burleson-recommended modification of removing the padding in the mouth guard. It does nothing but restrict air into your lungs and face, also it causes your goggles to fog up more in the cold. Some people have a hard time understanding how safety is not compromised by this mod: so imagine the sequence of events and the force needed for your face to impact the guard on a strapped-on helmet... and you'll realize you have way-way bigger problems at this stage of an impact than a lack of padding.

Dick is a pretty good engineer.

Bigbill- I don't recommend using a inflating soccer ball to permanently compress the energy absorbing foam (typically some kind of expanded polystyrene). I have mildly modified particular areas of a helmet eps- you might try that (sandpaper, dremel etc). OTOH, I really doubt you will loose enough energy absorbing ability to make a noticeable difference in any normal hit. Safety Nazi's will freak of course, but using reasonable judgement- you'll be good.
  12. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I think the foam comes out. Then I can inflate the soccer ball to widen the helmet?
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    But another in next size or 2 up to wear n hang this one of the shelf?
  14. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    sure. but use a hydraulic ram instead.

...pootey <and he spits the hook out>
  15. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    They only had 2xxl the helmet is long enough but just a tad narrow I can just squeeze it on.