Huskys are faster that Coyotes

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by superneil21, Nov 29, 2008.

1. superneil21 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    So today i just about ran down this coyote, but idk what would happen if i did run him over so i tried to get next to him and stomp him that didn't work lol
    Does anyone have any experience runing over small animals with a motorcycle? and what is the outcome?
    Im thinking if i did run him over i would crash somehow.
  2. A cat didn't fair very well with the Mille-R. He spun like a propeller in the mirrors.

I moguled a groundhog on the K75S. The groundhog didn't look any worse for wear. The K75S' chin spoiler proven to be a glass jaw.

THE funniest encounter ever was with a wild turkey. The thing bolts out of the woods and does a U-turn within 3' of the XS11's front end.

THE coolest encounter was near Denio Junction, Nevada. I'm picking my way through babyheads on the Husky when six horses cross my path 30 yds ahead at a relaxed canter. The glistening sweat, manes in stride, fole velcroed to his mama, rippling muscles ... too cool!

I was thinking game-set-match when I saw this dood. :eek: I just politely asked if he'd like to be a Cafe Husky poster child ...

Attached Files:

3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    This thread could get ugly quick....

However I will say trials tires at low pressures really are kind to the environment - and 6' long / 5" diameter rattle snakes that are not where they should be.
  4. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    A rode along side a Black Bear on a Forest Service Road this summer.:eek:
  5. superneil21 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    louge that is funny lol
    a pheasant flew in my front tire once, didn't die. Omg cows are to much fun to chase!
    and i think it would be kinda kool riding next to a black bear or any bear.
  6. snowcruiser Husqvarna
    AA Class

I took out a ground hog years ago on a KDX. He rolled over about six times and then scrambled off before I realized what had happened.

The scariest for me though was hitting a pigeon with the face guard of my motocross helmet at about 40 mph. The white helmet had some blood and feathers on it and I found the dead pigeon about 100 feet behind me. Crazy.
  7. I remember tensing up when a rabbit bolted towards me one time ... and then nothing ... he made it between the wheels. :)

S'more critters along the way ... all of these are from aboard the 950. The Husky TAT folder has some critters too.

Attached Files:

8. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Twice this year I've come with in inches of grabbing a Pheasant out of mid air on some single tracks. (Both times it's been throttle hand)
    It would be a cool vid for sure if I have my "helmet cam" on .:lol:
  9. DadGoat: "Ya-know, been thinkin' 'bout gettin' one-ah dem Huskies." :thinking: :excuseme:
    MamaGoat: "Silennnce. Dillweed." :rant: :censored:

Attached Files:

10. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Coyotes and foxes are both very unpredictable. They'll cut at odd intervals when you get close and leave you going the opposite direction. Can be entertaining to follow them for a bit, but they'll try to take you through fences other such obstacles to lose you.
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Like ioneater said, they are fun to follow for a little bit, but trying to run them over, or kick them is asking for road rash. Not to mention bad karma man.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    you guys are mean!!! from PETA ....................................people eating tasty animals
  13. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Personally i try to respect the natural environment. I slow down or stop to let horses, cows, donkeys, camels, goats, monkeys, sheep, etc, move on. In 37 years of off roading, i cant ever remember killing or even hitting anything larger than a grasshopper.

I've had many close encounters with cattle in baja, and some exotic stuff overseas. But so far lady luck has held up for me. :)
  14. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you want to take coyotes out for the ranchers just mount a high power German optic up on a .257 Weatherby and have some fun. Works for me. Keeps the trigger finder nice and smooth for when it really counts.

Took a t-bone into Bambi a few years ago at 40 mph and DON'T want to experience that again. Thankfully it wasn't a large buck.

Cattle impact would definately require a special ride in the copter, if you were lucky enough to be alive.
  15. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Cows suck......

I've hit cattle in Arizona.... on the BLM trails and the enduro loop.

Come round a nice little rutted corner dropping into a very tight wash fulla thorns and stuff them *BAM!* right into the side or worse- the butt.

They never fail to wheelie and go bucking off into the distance, unharmed, spraying dark green goo like a geyser, truly disgusting. All the while yer trapped under yer bike and yer mates and heaping insults, and rocks, on your doo-dee covered head. Not nice.

I figure it's just karma pay-back for the crossing made of a dead cow hide in a draw.
    This thing fell into it or something and died-right in the track. It was way too steep and tight to move it out so that trail was closed for a while- untill nature took over, then it got flattened from gravity, and later on dried out....and made a creepy *bwonk-bwonk* like a piece of leather plywood when ya crossed over it at the bottom.
    It truly stank after a rain too.

I hate cows. Truly disgusting animals. Even more so when they block trails wih thier bloated, rotting selves.

YUK. :thumbsdown:
  16. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    About 3 years ago a buddy of mine was riding his wr 450 in Utah. (hes on a TC510 now:applause:) He's comming around a corner and sees something brown dart out in front of him. He nails it dead center and goes down in a huge cloud of dust. When he gets up, still confused what he hit, he starts looking for his bike. He spots his bike, but what ever he hit is pinned under it trying to get out. The dust clears enough for him to see what it is pinned under the bike and its a MOUNTAIN LION! It's pinned under the bike and super pissed about it. He doesnt know to go lift the bike and risk getting attacked or just let it get out on its own. The lion got out on its own pretty fast and ran off into the woods, but what a scare for a while.
  17. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thats the craziest bike crash story ive ever read.

I bet that cat still thinks about that
    268fords likes this.
  18. I was going through the backside of Yellowstone two summers ago with a goal of making the Idaho border before dark. I hadn't seen a single soul, life was good!

It had rained earlier, the 950 was drifting through the corners when Oh. My. doG. full lock-up panic stop and chop the motor. I was about 40yds from the Dude Ranch folks and several of the horses spooked.

I still remember the 4th dude in the line. He kept staring at the bike with a Why. Am. I. On. This. Lame. Vacation. look in his eÿes. :D

Loved the mountain lion story!

Attached Files:

19. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Yeah, when he told me that story my jaw was on the floor.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    There is a road nearby called Skyline blvd and there was a "century" club where people try to average 100mph on a bike - not easy or safe.

Long time ago a co-worked told me a relative had rode his bike 'through' a deer at high speed, then spent the next 2 years in a hospital.