Husky Wins Overall Desert Night Race

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, May 31, 2009.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Nic Burson Team Husky lights up the night .AMA District 37 Round 1
    Desert NIGHT race put on by the 100s MC near Barstow Calif.Saw
    Nix Burson finish 1 st overall,this was a team race format but Nic
    went for it ironman.After doing 8 20 mile laps Nic finished ahead of over 100 other teams.Off the start Nix had the lead and never let off after 3 laps he had a 5 min. lead on the entire field which was great since he used up about 4 min in the pits working on his lights.There was a Endurocross section at the end of each lap where you either had to do or wait 30 seconds in the alternet line.I have some pictures of Nix and a few othe guys going thru this section i will try to upload.This section had you go between 2 fire rings then over railroad ties then into a section full of cut up 2x4 then more railroad ties then thru another section of cut up wood and finish up over the tractor tire wall
    Since i am a member of the hosting club i did not race but my son and i worked hard on our Husky 510s set up with HID lights as part of the sweep crew
    By tomoro there will be much more info and pictures posted over at the Dist 37 sight www.district37ama.org

Since most Husky come with enought power to run big lights all you Husky guys need to get ready There are 4 more of these races during
    next few summer months.Now i need to mount up some lights on my
    CR 125 and get ready for round 2 hosted by another Dist 37 club
    Come on on all you Husky fans
  2. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

:thumbsup: Awesome result for Nic Burson Team Husky :notworthy: :notworthy:
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Ajax!!!there you go again,,,throwing out those tempting (costly) challenges!!! Good stuff, I will explore the possibility of doing one, but at the moment it looks slim. R
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Robert a lot of guys ride there bikes here in the summer months off road at night .Most already have lights so why not team up with a friend and come play in the dark Team races are so much fun plus at this race we got to see a HUSKY IRONMAN and beat them all
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

A lot of pictures and a few videos are now posted over at www.district37ama.org
    a good short video of nic on his husky going thru the endurocross section is also ready
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :applause::applause::applause:

Yay Nic! :cheers:

I checked the D37 site but did not see anything obvious regarding this race and I'm not sure which section of the forums the pics would be on. :confused:
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Go into the off road section under MESSAGE BOARD

Then also go to the PHOTOS section has both pictures and videos
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :doh:

This one shows the Endurocross section! :thumbsup:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjU4ENYIHF0

Set up a bit like the last Quicksilver race at Clear Creek I went to a while back, only at night.