Husky Wins First overall at Jackrabbits Hare and Hound

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, Jan 11, 2009.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Great!!! So far its me and a WR300 rider coming to the show.

sorry its a Yamaha version WR a WR250F with an athena 300 kit on it.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is great BUT there has to be more Husky riders in Southeren Calif but you and me committed to at least showing up and be part of Husky History .The return of a Husky Factory supported team .If any Husky rider/racer needs help with the pits the club i am in called the 100s will gladly pit you for this race .I know there are lots of Husky people out there so maybe some will show up .It was lonely last year being one of only a few Huskys out there so i am looking foward to some company.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    John, we need at the least a photog ! I will see if I drag any spectators,,,,

PS I know Pro moto tv videographer BC and I will make sure he understands the historical significance of the HSQ national presence.
  4. HuskyT Moderator

I was planning on racing the Season Opener SRA MX GP at Glen Helen on Sunday Jan 25..... however

What time does the race start.....

I would need to go in a 40 Beginner class what would it be.... Would be a virgin for this one...do you have a link....

One forty mile loop for me?

Stock tank gets me about 60 miles.....

Goal would be to finish....

Do I need an ama card....? I have not renewed mine...

Sound check....?as Robert knows my Procircuit TI-4 is a tad on the loud side....

Give me more info guys!

T
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Go to www.dist37ama.org look up desertmc National under the off road section
    First loop will be easy the beginers and quads have to make it.Second loop a little harder .Stop by the 100s camp and we will help you ,I did a a SRA gran prix with robert this summer and i still beleive a desert race is much better come and see for yourself
    Yes you will need a AMA card but because it is a National you will not need a Dist 37 card unless you want points .If for some reason the promoting club want to put you in the expert class because you do not have a Dist card just wait till the expert line leaves and take off with the beginer line if you want .
  6. HuskyT Moderator

Hi John,

I was at the SRA with you and Robert on the Blue and yellow Husky 450 ... if you remember you and i went out together for the practice laps...

I'll check out the link.

Thanks, T
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I was DNS at that one!! still bummed (the sight glass issue),,,I still need to use my voucher from SRA , within 6 months of race. T keep in touch,,our plan is come up to Hesperia in sat, stay over and do the event on sun morn. R
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think what we need to put out to the bretheren is that it is really just a cool ride for anyone (most) of us. We have nothing in it except for a fun and challenging ride with the ability to let it hang out a little and not worry about someone coming at you on a trail and having a cool story to tell. the post race bench race is always fun and the great memories last!!! We also get to be on the same playing field as the top pros of our game and as a fan that is a big draw for me.
    Az. heat kicked my butt badly but heck all the US enduro top aces flew past me on the trail we were there, it was super cool (hot really). join the fun do the nat!!! come see the ZipTy Husky team rider just rail at sick speeds!!! R
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Now try and tell me that is not just pure super cool .I do not want to
    take this thread off topic but i just love the National Hare and Hound
    races.Plus i love racing them on a Husky 125.Only one week to go
  12. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes there might be a sound check, so be prepared, its random.
    You can get all your sign ups morning of the race, AMA card, D37 Desert, etc. Pit with the 100's or your buddy, or even pit yourself, or just do one loop and chalk it up to a great time.

These races are really fun and a great way for newbies to get into it.
    First loop is easy. Just go around the guys stuck on the hill at the end of the bomb run, go to the right! :thumbsup:

Wish i could join the fun this time.
  13. HuskyT Moderator

Hi Mike,

I decided to race the SRA GP MX as I want to do the entire 11 race series this year at Glen Helen.... I've done a lot of riding in the desert as well as Baja and love hillclimbs...... I'm sure it would be an absolute blast!

I have my ama Competition Card but it has recently expired. Just need to renew it

T
  14. husky rabbit Husqvarna

I'm trying to have my dez buddy send a few pics of our race to this awesome site. Lets see what I can come up with.
  15. Sharpshooter Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey everyone,

My good friend "husky rabbit" asked me if I could post a few photos of Nick charging his Husky to the win, at the Jackrabbits Hare and Hound. These were taking on the 1st of 2 loops or as us Jackrabbits have named it, the Black Loop.

If any of you guys raced Jackrabbits on a Husky this year, let me know your number and I will see if I have a photo or two of you to post.

I'm heading out to the National this morning and I plan on getting some shots of the top guys including the Husky Team. I will share those with you when time permits.

See ya in the dez!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

Nice photos! I like the body English in the 3rd photo;)

WoodsChick
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    those rocks really tell a story
  18. husky rabbit Husqvarna

Thanks (Sharpshootersphoto), he's moving to Iowa so no more dez for JW. Anybody in Iowa keep an eye out for him. he'll be missed by our club and all of D 37. Our loss is Iowa's gain.