Husky Te630 Project Bike - Trailzone & Offroadexplorer.com

Discussion in '610/630' started by Russ, Jul 31, 2011.

1. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    So that's what that noise is. Coming back from a forest ride last week, I applied the front brake (admittedly because of my boots I had been using the front more on the ride) while on the road back I started to get an electrical whine sound!
  2. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    The whine sound is from the vent holes in the rotor. That's normal. Even my mountain bikes do that.

The howl I'm talking about sounds like a freight train jamming on its brakes.
  3. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    Cheers mate
  4. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    Sorry for the delayed response - I didn't see your post.

I don't have the Safari tank on my bike. I was commenting on the one fitted to the TrailZone Project bike, as shown in the current addition of the mag. You can get a bit of an idea of how the red looks from the Safari website, which shows the red one for the 511 and 449 (though only 13 liters) as well as the white/translucent one for the 630.
    http://www.safaritanks.com.au/home/vmchk/14-Husqvarna/View-all-products.html
    Scott Woolley likes this.
  5. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The Sydney motorcycle show is on this weekend and the Trail Zone project bike is on display. The boys have finished with it and moved onto a F800GS, however the TE is on display at the AdventureMoto stand. I had a chat with Clubby, who owns Trailzone Mag, and they loved the bike, but agreed the Safari tank in red doesn't really suit the bike, gives it a heavy look. Anyway, here are a few pics of the Safari tank and Wolfman luggage.
    TE safari tank (1024x768).jpg TE safari tank 2 (1024x768).jpg TE safari tank 3 (1024x768).jpg TE safari tank 4 (768x1024).jpg TE wolfman luggage (768x1024).jpg TE wolfman luggage 2 (768x1024).jpg
  6. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    I saw the bike on Friday, I think they have overdone it a little, in my humble opinion. I think and know the bike can do a whole lot more out in the bush than just turn up for lattes on.

I really enjoyed the Husky stand, very impressive and lots of bling available too.

:cheers: Cheers
  7. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

How did they mount that support fuel tank on the back right side?
  8. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    I just noticed that they put back the stock pipes, in the magazine they tried out the Arrow titanium pipes.
  9. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The rotopax was mounted to the rack that can be seen at this website. They had an equivalent water container on the LHS.
    https://www.adventuremoto.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=62_74&products_id=1151

On a DR650 that they also had on the stand they strapped a couple of 1 litre fuel bottles to the saddlebags, which didn't look too obtrusive. They said you could run up to 4 of these each side (one in each corner of the bags), so that could be an option for increased fuel range. You can see them in these photos:

Wolfman bottle holders (768x1024).jpg Wolfman bottle holder 2 (768x1024).jpg Wolfman rear of DR (768x1024).jpg