Husky sales up!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by dartyppyt, Feb 20, 2018.

1. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Broke 36,000 + bike sales for 2017.

Enjoying further positive trading results, Husqvarna Motorcycles have ended the 2017 business year with yet more record-breaking sales and turnover figures. With 20% more motorcycles sold during the 12 months to December 31, 2017, the European manufacturer of premium motorcycles saw their annual turnover increase by a notable 25% compared to the previous year.

Continuing their steep upward trajectory, Husqvarna Motorcycles saw a total of 36,883 motorcycles being sold during 2017, as the brand reached a record-breaking worldwide turnover of 250 million Euros. Underlining the manufacturer’s positive momentum of growth, these notable results surpass the historic gains in bike sales and turnover achieved during each one of the previous three business years.

Adding a benchmark to their timeline, during 2017 Husqvarna Motorcycles introduced the next generation of fuel-injected 2-stroke machines. Perfectly embodying Husqvarna’s pioneering spirit, the revolutionary new TE 250i and TE 300i, together with a heavily updated range of enduro and motocross machines have set innovative standards for the future of offroad motorcycling.

Husqvarna Motorcycles have also recently taken vital steps towards fulfilling their progressive vision of street motorcycling with the unveiling of the production version of the VITPILEN 401, SVARTPILEN 401 and VITPILEN 701 ‘Real Street’ models. With all three motorcycles reaching dealer floors during the first months of business year 2018, Husqvarna Motorcycles’ thrilling expansion in the street motorcycle segment ensures the brand’s strategic growth for the foreseeable future.
    Valhalla, reveille and oldbikedude like this.
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Sold and turnover might be kind of vague but I did the math 250,000,000 euros and 36883 motorcycles comes out to 6778 euros or 8337 dollars by todays conversion rate. So I guess it isn't inexpensive models in India or elsewhere making up the bulk. On further thinking parts and accessories probably are in the 250 million euro number.

here is an article about the new models mentioned above
    http://www.cyclenews.com/2016/11/article/husqvarna-introduces-vitpilen-401-svartpilen-401/
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not sure on bike turn-over vs sales terms but I can assure you that here in this 3rd world country, there are no inexpensive Huskys or KTMs on any showroom floors when new bikes arrive to be sold; Only after a few yrs have passed on an 'last-yrs-model-bike', then that bike will depreciate to some ~degree but nothing as quickly as the same time-line a bikes' price depreciates in the states from what I am been told here from bike owners.

The interesting part would be to know how much the sales of the Husqvarna brand is eating into the overall KTM brand sales. I'm sure SP knows the answer to that question.

Seems KTM is pushing those 2 new streeter bikes to keep sales moving upward and staying away from the KTM current models?
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Yes, would like to see KTM sales figures over the same time period. Would seem though a very smart move and well done on their part to purchase the H brand.
    Assuming racing still plays a part in sales and considering the current SX season, the white KTMs are looking very good. The amazing Gforce has got to help the brand world wide and the H brand has become prominent in off road riding and racing everywhere in just a few short years. :cheers:
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Is there a price difference there compared to here if you were comparing msrp's? We seem to get a better deal than they do in australia.

The street models are quite a bit different then the ktm ones. Not the average naked bikes ktm has, the modern cafe racer look they're going for is cool. Would be cool to see some sportbikes. They build some for certain small bore classes and seeing old husky street racing photos it's cool that they are involved in that again. The street side seems to be where they're really separating the brand's so who knows what else they'll come up with
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    See the inlines on the good points you make here NCS; You make another subtle point also, I think it was at the MXoN this yr that one of the announcers mentioned the White-bikes are out here in numbers, because the starting gates were full of Husqvarna branded bikes.. Calling out a Husqvarna bike with its' own unique color hit me like a hammer, after hearing and seeing my entire life that the Japanese bikes have 'owned' all the cool colors for bikes. Even today when I ride up on my red Italian made Husky, most think it is a honda... We all know "You meet the nicest people on a honda"