Husky Canada - Bankrupt?

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Motorcycles Corporation' started by jimbee, Feb 6, 2012.

1. jimbee Husqvarna
    B Class

Dealer just told me they can't process warranty issue because Husky Canada has just gone bankrupt and that they need to wait for weeks/months until it is clear who they now need to deal with.

Not really sure how the manufacturer/importer/dealer system works, but sounds a bit weird. Anyone else have any info?

Cheers, JB
  2. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
  3. jimbee Husqvarna
    B Class

thank you
  4. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

What is wrong with your bike ?
  5. jimbee Husqvarna
    B Class

The shock dumped its load of shock fluid on my engine case during fifth or sixth ride. Looks like it came from the bottom of the reservoir - I guess there must be an o-ring that let go.

Just sent the dealer the shock thinking it would be a quick fix, but they are now sending it out to a local suspension shop. Sounds like I may have to pay for it as the warranty stuff is in limbo until they figure out who is going to take over responsiblity for Canada for Husky.
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just get it fixed and move on. It would be a good time to get a shock revalve anyhow.
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would take it to your favorite suspension guy and get a revalve to make it even better. Then go riding !!! Waiting around may not get you much and you end up with a shock that could use some revalving.