HSQ or HVA ?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Mike Kay, Aug 14, 2008.

?

HSQ or HVA ?

Hsq 23 vote(s) 79.3%
Hva 6 vote(s) 20.7%
  1. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

We gotta settle this once and for all....at one recent GNCC they used both, and listed a Husky rider on a Husaberg.
    Ive seen my results listed as both. To further confuse things, the americans and the europeans seem to use different abbreviations.

What say ye?
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm quite curious!

I changed the 'shouting' filter so it takes 4 capital letters to activate. Further references to HSQ & HVA should work better.
  3. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

The rest of the world is going away from abbreviations and using the whole name:

http://www.motocrossmx1.com/reslists.aspx?ct=1&c=8

http://we.abc-wec.com/cms/wec_download/standings/enduro3.pdf

But internationally when an abbreviation is used it's HVA

Here in the states most promoters use HUS for Husqvarna

Maybe Husaburg should use HKTM because nobody really rides Burgs anymore... especially when the new Burgs are going to be in the $11,000 to $12,000 range!

Anyway I'm fine with what ever it is.

BlipBlip
  4. TripleW Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think HSQ catches your eye. And may have some trying to figure out what it is. TW
  5. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    The "Q" is definitely unique and therefore feel the HSQ stands out better, but used to seeing HVA quite a bit too. HUS while is the first 3 letters like all the other abbreviations for SUZ, YAM, HON, KAW, KTM, etc HUS could mean Husaberg or Husqvarna, So Huksy should be HSQ and Husaberg HSB as the "U" is common to both.
  6. Stapleking Husqvarna
    A Class

HVA is the international convention for Husqvarna, AB. However, as they have nothing to do with the bikes, perhaps HSQ would be more logical.
  7. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

I always put HSQ on my entry forms.

paul
  8. F1ED Husqvarna
    AA Class

Gotta be HSQ!!
  9. wulf22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

HSQ. Just has a better ring to it.
  10. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Huh. I would have guessed it the other way around. Unless HSQ gets caught in bed with a YZ or something this is a landslide. A freakin mandate from the people.
    Interesting.

I agree that HUS just isnt an option.
  11. naga Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250. TXC450
    Huh. I would have guessed it the other way around. Unless HSQ gets caught in bed with a YZ or something this is a landslide. A freakin mandate from the people.

This IS America. It IS 2008. It would depend on how good the "stolen" sex tape was.
  12. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I have to agree with the majority. I like HSQ better. Even though I know what HVA is, sometimes when I see it I don't immediatly understand what it means.