1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC How have your air forks held up, durability/ maintence ?

Discussion in '2st' started by Kam1, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    There is a low hour 2017 300xc for 7200.00 available , curious on a few things. how is the airfork maintence schedule, how do they do in rocks , and roots ? North Idaho- that is what I ride. Last thing , 300's are gold in these parts, price seem fair for a 30 hour machine ? Yes I realize this is not a Husky- but pretty darn close.
    RickyDZero likes this.
  2. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    Cant blame you Kam1. Looking at KTM 2 strokes my own self.;)
  3. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I seen that bike on CL looks nice:thumbsup: Now back to your original question about air forks? Hope someone answers. As I know nothing about them.
  4. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    That's the bike that I have. I've got 56 hours on it, and two of the Tecate enduro's. The forks work fine. Don't be afraid to really experiment with the air pressure. For the rocky stuff I lower it 126psi (down from 134) and lighten the compression a little.
    As far as maintenance, I've blown one seal from getting a scratch in the tube. The local shop replaced the seal and buffed the tube and it's been fine. The internal air pressure drops but you just need to check it before every ride. Mine seems to drop a little quicker then others but it hasn't been a big deal. I think its a great singletrack bike.
    I also run the tubliss system at 5psi in the rear, and 10 in the front.
    Kam1 likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Serviced my AER48s at almost 100 hours, everything was spotless and clean, unlike spring forks. Forks are great out of the box, they are the first forks that I have not done anything too in many years.
    Treat them as you want , but I treat them per design like spring forks and keep my pressure the mostly the same , as close as possible to same all the time, I just adjust clickers for various terrain. The REB and COMP clickers are very reactive. They are great forks out of the box.
    Kam1 likes this.
  6. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks , I am going to look at it tommorow , I kind of want an injected 300 , but the price 11-12k out the door just does not feel right.
  7. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I need to clarify. I should have said I have seen those bikes on CL not the one you are looking at.
    Kam1 likes this.
  8. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Forks are awesome...mine are revalved tc 250 forks..work great and versitale for woods or motocross..last set I had serviced I believe around 50 or 60 hours...they said honestly they d idnt even need the service once they opened them up..no spring equals no or little oil contamination..3.7 pounds lighter!
    robertaccio and Kam1 like this.
  9. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC

Ditto

I would buy the bike JUST for the forks...LOL! They are awesome, reliable and don't need service as frequently...and you get way more adaptability. It's a win all around. I would NOT buy a TE or an XCW simply because they do not come with this fork.
    robertaccio and Kam1 like this.
  10. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have not found the bike yet , have at least 90 days before snow clears. The more I hear about these forks , the more I lean towards a tx300 , or xc300. Thanks for all the input.
  11. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    And btw, I race full time, and picked up this bike (TX300) mid season last year, (2017) and immediately went from getting my usual 8th-13th place, to 4th - 7th's overnight. I attribute this directly to the bike and its ability to just soak up terrain and hit anything thrown at me. This year, I won my class championship.
    Duct Tape, Kam1, Huskynoobee and 2 others like this.
  12. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    The 17 AER is not as good as the 18, at least on the Husky side the AER for 18 has several minor but as it turns out significant updates.
  13. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I did a bad thing ! I looked at an injected te300 tonight , it spoke to me= take me home it said ! You can always add air forks , You can't add injection it said, You drive 20 year old trucks it said ! I pick it up in the morning . Peer pressure from a Dirt Bike, hope the wife buys it. lol :D:D:D
  14. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Peer pressure of new bling. Gets a guy and gals every time:banana:
  15. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Congrats and good luck with the wife part lol
  16. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wife is good , she rides too. Here’s a pic of the bike and the Ring of Fire.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  17. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well I am failing on pic. Will try later.
  18. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
  19. bowser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350
    You should have got the TX, the injected bikes are soft down low and overall not there yet. I bought my XC purely for the forks, linkage and carb.
    80hrs and forks are better than my cone valves now they have the mxtech mid valve and air cap fitted. love them
    robertaccio likes this.
  20. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    The 300 feels fine down low (slow figure eights , popping over a log or two out back ) I am still fascinated by the aer 48 fork , could add that. That said , if I need the power , got 2 450's in back ground- they can pretty well handle that ! The 300 injected is not lacking power , much smoother than my 2015 300 xcw , front end lofts quite easy, will as it seems go over everything . Heck if it becomes a P.O.S. will be sold .The tings I like about the 300 so far , starts great cold , does not fog up whole neighborhood, feels way light, kinda digging it. I am pretty impressed with the bike , thus far- will see what it does once snow melts.