How does a Leo Vince Work?

Discussion in '610/630' started by xymotic, Jul 7, 2009.

1. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 08 610 had a leo Vince on it when I bought it, but it didn't have the spark arrestor installed. Since I ride in the Nat. Forest I thought it might be prudent to install a spark arrestor to avoid being an arrestee.

So today I put in the small end (the only one that fits with the arrestor) and the spark arrestor.

It's noticeably quieter, which I don't understand because the ends look exactly the same to me except the length at the end. Are the tips a different diameter?

(I liked it louder:ride: )
  2. rajobigguy Administrator

Yes slightly different dia. but the sparky screen also serves to attenuate some of the noise. You can run the sparky without any insert if want it to be louder, not sure why you would want that but it can be done.
  3. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just ran it with the insert that fits, and it seems really quite a bit down on power too, or is that my imagination?
  4. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cuz loud pipes save lives!:lol:

ER in my case Loud pipes split cages a little better :cool:
  5. rajobigguy Administrator

It's you're imagination. I've run all three different inserts and even a DB Dawg at different times and while a dyno might be able to sniff out a small difference I doubt that we would ever feel it in the real world.