1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

how come no key ignition on TE's?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by linkandcuff, Jan 26, 2009.

1. linkandcuff Husqvarna
    A Class

i have a 06 te510 with no key ignition switch anywhere....i bought it used...is it supposed to have one? if not what do most of u guys do to put one on so it does not come up missing
  2. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    sounds like it's time to upgrade to a 2008 or newer
  3. linkandcuff Husqvarna
    A Class

ur not kidding...i want FI in the worst way...maybe in a year or too
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    There is no ignition key on that bike from the factory.

It has been discussed.. and the conclusion was 2 guys could toss that in a pick up pretty easy and drive off. You may want to put a hidden switch in it.
  5. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

wondering if you could just purchace a 08 510 switch and splice it into the wiring harness.. should solve your problem
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    My `07 SM610 has a key, but that isn't going to keep it from coming up missing. Throw a lock on it if you don't want to lose it. Better yet, lock it to something and keep it within eyesight if possible.

I'm a San Francisco Bay area native; I know a thing or two about keeping my stuff from coming up missing:D

WoodsChick
  7. linkandcuff Husqvarna
    A Class

the one good thing about the bike is that i really only use it for dirt and have a street bike for places where the bike can disappear easy...i'll probably put a hidden switch somewhere
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The only keys I got with my 07 450 were a couple of fork lock keys and a dandy Husqvarna emblem key fob. I don't use the fork lock and tend to keep the bike locked up or parked within view as much as humanly possible.

Having been in the mc repair business a number of years ago, I can tell you that it is correct that a key won't deter a theft, if the thief wants the machine bad enough. I've seen enough theft recoveries with popped ignition switches to be sure of that.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Good man. I believe this is true:
    The big red switch above the start button is called the 'stop switch' and it appears that in the off position it grounds the white/orange wire as per the schematic of the 'control box' which is by the battery.

Might want to confirm that with an ohmmeter. If that is true then any switch grounding the white/orange wire will disable the bike and in theory you could tap into that wire almost anywhere.
  10. linkandcuff Husqvarna
    A Class

thanks coffee very usefull info now step two is actually installing one!!...i'll wait for a nice rainy day
  11. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    You'll get a scream'n deal right now on all 08's.
    Now that the 09's have landed.

Up grading is the only way to go....:thumbsup:
  12. terryth Husqvarna
    B Class

No switches on the 06's. I had an extra ignition switch around from a sv1000 that I mounted behind the number plate with a fabricated bracket off a fork bolt and wired into the kill switch like coffee said. You can get a generic auto panel mount ignition switch with two keys for 4.99$ from O'reilly auto parts that would just need a simple bracket made.