How can I tell?

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by 2strokefixer, Nov 16, 2015.

1. 2strokefixer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 400 xc, '01 te570, '99 wr250
    2001 te570... If I remove the silencer, how can I tell if the mod has been done? Sorry for the newb question.
    Cheers
  2. Andy clark Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1997 te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki gsxr1000 k6 honda c90
  3. DaveM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Motorised Bicycle
    Look inside the muffler baffle and see if there is a restrictor/reducer.

It is at the very end.

To register/be compliant in Australia (ADR's Australian design regulations) I believe my TE570 originally had a restrictor,

I didn't buy my bike new but did find a pic online of what the restrictor looked like.

If yours is not registered in the U.S, it may not ever have had the restrictor, for off-road, competition use only.

I will try to find a pic for you later today of what mine looks like, it is a reasonable copy of the original one.

Cheers, Dave.
  4. DaveM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Motorised Bicycle
    I found the pics,

Attached Files:

5. 2strokefixer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wow. Thanks for the pics. Nothing like that in the scilencer of my 570. Just a fast by feracci decal thing-a-ma-bob. On The frame near the VIN number there's another decal that states that this bike is intended for closed course compition only,etc.. Betcha that's why no restrictor

Hey Dave, you wouldn't have access to a jetting chart for these great bikes?
  6. 2strokefixer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Andy, it's the basic, first thing to do to your husky hog(not being mean... They're just hogs). Put the holes in you air box and remove the scilencer restrictor. Mo betta fo all
  7. iamdawalru5 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 TE410 01 TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 z1000k 93 xrl650 83 gsx750
    Are the rivets on the silencer replaced with screws or other fasteners? If the rivets remain it's original as they didn't manufacture the pipe to be disassembled without grinding them oft.

When you get the core out you can replace new fiberglass packing around the perforated core that kind of zig zags in the can.