1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st How about a WR picture thead...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Nov 5, 2008.

1. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

No, besides graphics it was completely stock when I got it. Pipes, that is my weakness with this bike. I have Husky OEM, doma, HGS, and a Sletchen pipe and then on silencers Stock WR, Stock CR, and FMF powercore non spark arrested. The Doma is a excellent pipe and seems give better gain on bottom to mid similar to the Sletchen. HGS seems to have a weaker bottom and then smoother coming on to the pipe and then wicked top end. I was actually suprised at the HGS as I have always thought I wanted bottom and it was not half bad. Stock from what I remember was a excellent all around pipe but I have changed a lot since then. I had the stock one repaired and am going to be trying it again to compare to the Doma. It gets confusing and when you throw in the silencer as well you get the picture. I will probably be back to stock... If I had to choose one pipe and stranded on a island with the WR I would take the Doma and then the Stock pipe.

The motor has a washer in the powervalve mechanism to slow down the opening (poor man's powervalve adjuster). I also have the cylinder pulled down close. When it is time for a piston I will more than likely go back to stock deck height, I am border line running some race gas right now. I have always been trying to get the bike to come on in the mid a little bit more smooth. You know when you are climbing a hill or coming out of a corner and that transition area there. In that one Hare Scramble there is a shot of me when you can hear the bike come on to the pipe and the front wheel goes up, some of that was also I saw a camera in the woods.
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    From what I saw in the vids, it sounds right, really crisp.

BTW- That is some great video.
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb

Ooooooooh- I remember that one. The Flying Sofa. It was Huge!

Scary fast too...... and the rear brake was useless! :lol:

It would go pretty much anywhere, over anything, and in the Dez? Pffft...fuhgettabout it. Hit 6th, wick it up and drop everything....you could pretty much pull up to any line knowing when the dry lake came up everyone would be in your mirrors from then on.

I've ridden some pretty quick bikes. I think this one is the scary-fastest. First, prolly the only dirtbike, I did the 'ton' on.

From crawling to hauling.

Wow.

They don't makem like that anymore...nor am I anywhere near man enough for one anymore. Still one left in a buds shop (his dad's)...in 500 XC trim. I'm tempted to buy it. 1000$ and it's mine. He did some tricks to the rr brake to make it work- like elongating the cam lobes for the actuator etc... and my God- the Sound.

:notworthy:
  4. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here is my 06 WR125

[IMG]
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I love that pic with the moss in the background. If that does not get the blood flowing noting will. I think I am going to have to plan a ride trip out there.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yeah, sometimes if you let your bike sit to long before washing the moss starts to grow on your bike. Serious.

Fall riding is fun here, moss covered leaf bed on a clay / snot base. You learn balance or you sell your bike. :D
  7. Yanni23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

2006 WR250...Street-Legal in North Carolina.

50mm Fast by Ferracci Zokes with billet clamps.

Rekluse Pro

IMS 3.4g tank

Fastway Pegs

Renthal Bars

Enduro Engineering Barkbusters

Enduro Engineering Skidplate

[IMG]
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Looks like highly farkled fun :thumbsup: Those forks help a lot? Always thought that was one weak area of the WR250.
  9. Yanni23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sho' do. :thumbsup: They are way stiff and I'm having them revalved/resprung for my weight ASAP. I want 'em plush in the initial stroke but no bottoming. :cheers:
  10. Husqvarna125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE250, 2015 TE200, 1984 WR 400
    Here's the 06 when she was new...

[IMG]

[IMG]
    PONY RIDER likes this.
  11. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

Nice pipe protector. Where did you get it?
  12. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Updated 07 w 08 graphics.

Just installed some graphics last weekend trying to get that CH Factory look. Frame guards are Ad Tek products(note don't order online just call).
    Can you believe those are the stock FIM tires w/125 hours...Florida sand= barely any wear.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    nice, vids nice machine,,,close racing through the woods, super cool.
  14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That's sweet, I really like that. I need to get a WR myself.
    PONY RIDER likes this.
  15. Husqvarna125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE250, 2015 TE200, 1984 WR 400
    Sorry, I hadn't checked back to the thread in a while. The pipe guard is from eline accessories. WR's rule! I love the husky 2-strokes. Tried the 4-strokes (250 and 450)and we just didn't get along. Going back to the 125 for 2009 :)
    juicypips likes this.
  16. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here is my 07 WR125. Awesome little bike. I am too fat for it now.

[IMG]
  17. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I want Yanni's 50mm FBF Zokes Any idea where to find some used ones?
  18. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I never see those used. I have noticed that they add nothing to the value of a used bike though. Every once in a while I'll see a used CR/WR with a set for a couple grand. I think I may buy one next time, swap the forks, then sell the bike for a few hundred less. Or maybe some of the newer TXC/TC forks will become available, they are really nice also.