Hi. I'm your new moderator.

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Dirtdame, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I was just giving you guys n gals a little levity. Didn't mean for it to get serious.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Its been generally informative if not conclusive (re Coffee).
  3. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250

I cant speak for all, but most are a forgiving lot:awww:
  4. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

been years since I've seen Dean... think it was at a NW Gathering last time I saw him. 2013/2014 ??? .. He had his Italian TE 250 with some sort of rear 1 tire trailer setup.... I hope he is OK.. he's turned into the Howard Hughes of Husqvarna....
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I think it was 2015 where he had showed up last at China Hat.... a couple of months AFTER he had already disappeared from here. The only reason I think I remember it in that order is that's the same time-frame that my original account froze-up; I thought maybe coffee had some kinda of server "event" because there were a few people that it happened to.

I think it was DD who pointed out a couple of years ago that sometimes folks have a life-changing event that causes a re-examination of the priorities in their life. I'm guessing coffee doesn't wanna be "found", so I'm grateful that this forum is still available. Thanks Dean.

:thumbsup:
    Dirtdame and Kevin_TE250 like this.
  6. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    This page is a real tribute to Dean. I am eternally thankful for the resources and help that has been thrown out my way over many years. I am particularly grateful for the general attitude of tolerance and patience displayed by interns to this page.
    everfree and Dirtdame like this.
  7. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    This is like my morning news paper. Thank you dean and everybody who keeps this forum alive !.
    Dirtdame and oldbikedude like this.
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I'm sitting in the desert right now waiting for the stars to come out and working on a National Hare n Hound course because of Cafe Husky. I might have stumbled in this direction eventually, but not sure.

I get to play with dirt bike products and made new friends here. This is a real community.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  9. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    I don't get here that often now the 310 moved on, but always come back for a glance to see who is around and for some decent forum format motorbike discussion
    Thank you wherever you are Coffee/Dean.
  10. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    And thank you to Joe, Dirt Dame and countless others for the work in keeping everything civil
    Dirtdame likes this.
  11. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey '68... now that the excitement is over- how did you make out in the fires? Hopefully everything is okay. What's it look like on Dean's side of the hill (or more specifically: what's Dean's place look like)?

did that atlas fire start at the cell tower?

DD- seems like new members are getting approved fast. I'm assuming you, ruwfo, chod, and LOM have got some kind of system down now. whatever is going on- it's working. Thanks to all you guys for making ch smoother than it's been in years.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  12. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    This is one of the sites I really enjoy visiting. I'm glad that it's still active. Because of this site, I decided to buy my Husky. I was able to read a lot about my bike and that made me feel comfortable enough to buy one. Thanks to the moderators and admins who make this site enjoyable ! :cheers:
    PaulD and Dirtdame like this.
  13. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    We did ok. The fire got within 2 miles of my house. I drove up towards deans a couple weeks ago and it appears the firefighters were able to keep the fire from jumping the road towards his house. It got close to his place. So far the investigation into the cause hasn’t been announced yet, but it’s looking like pg&e’s lines caused all the fires. Multiple phone calls to 911 had been published about power lines arching on both sides of Napa Valley within minutes of the fires starting. Winds were whipping through here at 40+ that night and even higher on the hilltops. Between Napa and Sonoma County, 8500 structures were destroyed. EBF99CEC-69B0-42A7-9E7B-B442AB896EF2.jpeg 4107CD87-E16C-42E7-AC66-4DD7E632683E.jpeg 1AFDDB8C-4A86-435A-8660-38DC7929294A.jpeg this last pic was from my house the first night. A little to close for comfort
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  14. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That must be so devastating for so many good folks. So glad you escaped the carnage 268.
  15. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Google maps has been recently updated. These are from Santa Rosa where the fire came through and decimated entire communities. Kind of hard to comprehend the amount of destruction these fires have caused. 3739AFDB-CF52-44FF-B2AE-FCC82089FE32.png 3FD6BDF9-723B-407E-94C0-7702B91F80F6.png zoomed in
    08FCC19B-CE98-474B-9CE2-F85B4390507A.png 80234B2D-94B8-4512-9ED7-F3FA448FFBEE.png zoomed in
  16. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    WOW that is terrible....:cool:
  17. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    hey 68- the reason your ph is trying to find you restaurants: it's Coffey Ln (not coffee). That spelling threw me off for 30 years. My buddy's house was on Mocha Ln (*was*- he sold it a couple years ago... and of course it burned. his other place in Wikiup made it, it turns out)

where do you live? Yountville or St Helena? did the fire go between you & Napa?

IIRC, the large majority of those SR houses had shake roofs from 1980. But I'm not sure it matters, because for every house burned, there's 3 cars burned (and I doubt they had shake roofs).

Google earth has the updated images also. in fact I was using it to see how far south the fire went. You can tell where the houses are still standing of course. but it's hard to tell if the fields are burnt. there's smoke and it sorta looks burnt by the old Santa Rosa Air Park south of hywy 12. but???

I lived in Forrestville, near the Wohler bridge- but nowhere near anything that burned.

edit: you know, just by looking at Google Earth, I'd guess the fire that wiped out those houses in west Santa Rosa actually started on the TOP of Mount St. Helena. just guessing though. almost 20miles north/south and about a mile or two wide. weird.
  18. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    I live in Napa, but work for the water department in the city of Saint Helena. Saint Helena became a command center for first responders. The fire started on both sides of napa and in Calistoga. The Calistoga fire spread to Santa Rosa in a couple hours the first night due to the high winds. The winds were a steady 35-40 mph and gusting upwards of 70. The atlas fire in Napa started up by the Silverado country club and then spread up past yountville and all the way to Fairfield. The partrick fire near me spread up to Saint Helena and across to Sonoma and eventually burned the old stornetta dairy down. The partrick fire combined with 4 or 5 other fires and turned into a very large fire. I haven’t traveled over to Santa Rosa since the fire and I can’t even imagine what it must look like in person. The amount of damage is heartbreaking.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.