Help with 2008 TE 250 EU version

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Borntoride71, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Hi to all ,

Brought home today a 1 owner with 5k 2008 TE 250
    The original owner has 62 Years and the bike never saw trails, just in small town road or soft dirt roads kms...
    Is scratch free,,incredible pristine condition...even the lower frame has no nicks or scratches:applause:

- Bike is Totally Oem (stock)
    - Lamda Sensor installed
    - Yellow Inyector
    - Oem Exhaust with DB killer inserted
    - The Throttle stop (inside the black plastic cover) has the oem screw marked with a white paint Line..so I believe is has never opened... So The Throttle stop might be there untouched..

The Bike Starts with no hesitation From dead cold with or without the (choke)
    (so no problems there)..:)

Now, The Riding Report

Took it to my local Trails ,

The Bike feels totally underpowered, (like a 125 XL)-took it on some nice gnarly uphills on WFO Throlle 2nd gear and as soon she was fealing the gravity she began to loose power--or best said to feel like broooooooooo boged down,and had to down shift to 1st and bring my old school Trail Bike Skills to make it to the top ... so not cool on this beautiffull Enduro Bike... :(((

At begining the ride ,The idle on was 1400 rpm, so I moved (or turned clockwise), (what I believe is the Idle adjustment Screw on the right side of the Throttle assembly) (please correct me if Im wrong )
    and the rpms went up a little on Idle..around 1600m to 1700 rpms...and sounds more stable the idle now...

Again, While riding it Takes effort (like choked up) to speed up the rpms up to higher revs...but she feels so slow and totally restricted...
    This is a EU version that from what Ive heard comes heavyly restricted...

So The HElp I Need After days Reading all The Treads, and being my 1st 4t Husqy...

How can I help this Engine Breath better ,snappier and faster reving...

Been reading here that hooking the ibeat on this 2008 year 250 TE may help, but the adjustments are limited on my years bike... I say a Incredibe thread with the trick to using a amazon usb to VAG409.1 cable and using a other plug from lonetek.co.uk to connect it directly to the bikes Plug.. (amazing) also the link to download teh ibeat...also the 32 bit windows advice to run the Ibeat... but im in deep with mixed info and now will like to begin from Step 1 (keeping ome Exhaust and not buying power commanders or JD tuners ) just doing the basics on the bike and after connect it to ibeat (myself) and tune it with the correct values from the advice here from others whom had gone from the ground up on a totally OEM biem like mine.

What Should I do to open her up ?

Could we create a - A to Z ( What to do on a TE 250 TE year model specific step by Step Thread )? Kinds like 2008 TE 250 for dummies like me and many others that might be an my same situation ?

Sorry if asking too much, but I believe would be the great since I have no Experience with this specific year and model bike :notworthy:

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me, on probably too many mixed old posts or threads that have been old and forgotten for years now .

p.D _ The bike starts fine and has no apparent fault codes or flameouts :thumbsup: it is a beautyfull 250cc bike, that wants to rip and fly the way it is designed to .
    Sorry but English is not my native language so it might sound funny how I link words an paragraphs to try to explain myself...:oldman:
  2. GrooveThang Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE
    Step one.. Power up kit. Step 2 Arrow exhaust. Oh... remove charcoal canisters throttle stop if still on. JD Tuner is a real step forward and worth the $200

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174292180851
  3. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Awesome man !

Any Directions on how to remove the charcoal cannisters (where is located in the bike)

The Throttle stop I think Is a Thread here on the how to do it, but cant find it now...

And The JD Tuner ,ill try to save a couple $$ and see how it would cost to send it to Spain where I live now ...

Do you know how to remove the OEM db killer from the Silencer ? I was looking it with a headlight but could not find any screw or not or circlip visible from the outside..:excuseme:
    Will it benefit from any power gains removing it ?
  4. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Awesome man !

Any Directions on how to remove the charcoal cannisters (where is located in the bike)
    The Throttle stop I think Is a Thread here on the how to do it, but cant find it now...
    And The JD Tuner ,ill try to save a couple $$ and see how it would cost to send it to Spain where I live now ...

Do you know how to remove the OEM db killer from the Silencer ? I was looking it with a headlight but could not find any screw or not or circlip visible from the outside..:excuseme:
    Will it benefit from any power gains removing it ?
  5. GrooveThang Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE
  6. GrooveThang Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE