1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

help me with gearing guys 08 te 450

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by patgas, Oct 7, 2008.

1. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

guys new to huskys so after a bit of insite to what sprockets to run?got the power up kit installed took her out and found i was struglling for grip on the tigh snotty trails/woods.as i intend to use her for hare scrambles and woods riding was wondering what sprockets u guys recomend she is standard 13/47 at mo.i seemed to hav to use clutch a lot and 1st was virtually un usable.i am sure u guys hav talked about this subject a million times but i am new to the site and any info would be appreciated. i was told to go up on front to maybe 14 or 15 but heads all in spin heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp cant seem to get my head around it any more.ran 13/50 on my beta and that seemed fine
  2. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

The first thing I would do is burn or give away the knobby to someone you don't like. Put on a quality trials tire and then see if you don't like the gearing. You will be amazed at how much better your bike tracks in the trees with a trials tire.
  3. tadgh Husqvarna
    A Class

if you are clutching it because it might stall try 12 on the front, you will lose a little top end speed. if you are clutching it or having difficulties because the rear is spinning then you need to go the other way like 14. the knobby is fine imo but for sure the trials tyre will give more grip..maybe also see why pressure you are running (try 12-14psi) but beware of sharp rocks, pinches. one other item is the cam throttle (g2?) that eases of the the agressiveness of the husky throttle so you can ease on the power
  4. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

allready running 11-12 psi going for a 14 on front as i feel gears are short and 1 is pretty useless for what i want to do cheers
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold

Everyone is new to this site, it's only been operating less than 3 months.

Sounds like you know what is going on :thumbsup:

• CS are cheaper to change and usually the chain does not have to be altered to accommodate
    • The larger the CS the lower the rpms at a particular speed/gear setting and of course less torque which would result in less spinning.

The stock tires on the TEs are not the best, and I've had great luck using trials tires but I don't race. I prefer to use lower pressures (8-12psi) when using a knobbie and much less than that when using a trials tire.

Hope to see you around Cafe Husky, welcome! :cheers: