Help me make another good bike choice

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Philbilly, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm almost 50yrs old, 5'7" 160lbs...still love to ride challenging/aggressive-type trails and hate to get rid of my 09 WR125... but, if you think there is better bike out there please let me know your opinion. I just came across a low hours 08 CR125 with an updated $400 ignition? for $1,300 so I could possibly buy it and keep both! Maybe a new 4 stroke? I'm open for any suggestions. I've done everything I want to do to my WR to make it work great for me (except maybe a big bore kit)-only complaint it's a little tall.
  2. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Sheeit youngster.you still got plenty of years ahead of you. Get 165 kit for your wr. I'm 5'7" 150 lbs. I switched to a 300 beta cause I'm older, slower and lazier now. And I'm getting shorter by the day.
  3. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well thanks Darkside for such a quick reply!
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That's about as open as that gate will go ... Have you ever ridden a newer 4t dirt bike?

Stay with that 125 size bike or I'd go with a 08-011 250cc 2t Husky bike followed by any 4 banger ... You might be a 450 guy?
  5. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks ray_ray...see how my legs just aren't long enough to touch the ground. 007.JPG
    juicypips likes this.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I do not understand the 400 dollar 2008 CR up grade on electronics the 2008 CR electronics is perfect in stock form it is the WR that people change
  7. trailboss Husqvarna
    AA Class

I hear ya there Darkside, I'm almost 56 and just ordered a 300RR Thursday!
  8. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    My legs wouldnt touch the ground at that height too. Question is why would you need to put your feet down at that height?
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    you should try to get a demo ride on a AJP PR4 and 5. Both will work fantastic for that and your size.
  10. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, the $400 ignition upgrade confused me too-I talked to the Dad who didn't have much knowledge of bikes...maybe they were one of the few that had their ignition go bad and just decided to go aftermarket looking for better performance? Thanks for all the input fellas...any idea what a complete 165 kit/Lectron carb make-over would cost for my 09 WR125?
  11. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    I'd never heard of these things until I recently reached out to the dealer I bought my last bike (GG) from. That was back in 2011 and it turns out he is now the AJP importer and gave me the lowdown on these bikes. Interesting concept and good price point. I've yet to see one, but I'm anxious to see how they will catch on here in the US.
  12. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Hey, Philbilly, I am a Beta and AJP dealer in East Tn, so with a little driving you could try out a Beta and a AJP!
    I used to ride a Husky 125 also, you will have no trouble adapting to either bike, both have lower seat heights.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  13. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Late reply-I shoulda stopped by when I was recently driving thru eastern TN! I've ridden the new Beta x-trainer and love the motor and shortness...very springy but I could see the fun you could have just playin around.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    2 stroke- best decision, you do the displacement and chassis dimension math.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  15. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    KTM Fre rider or Beta X trainer will fill the bill for you.