Head gasket informations

Discussion in '610/630' started by roamine, Oct 27, 2021.

1. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Hello all,
    Sure 99% my TE630 head gasket is broken, very very hard to cold start, spark very wet (a new one become wet very quickly and it do not smell gas stronger). At cold start (when I success after 5min of struggling or by being pulled by another bike !), loud white smoke (only during 5min), expansion tank spits a bit of coolant, level of coolant to refill every 3h (happy to have a coolant tempetrature screen on the my handlebar to know if level to low). Despite this, if it starts, all is fine in term of engine feeling the whole day !

I seek for the good PN and there are 3 thicknesses: 1.0 1.1 and 1.2mm, but same PN 8B00H0937

Why 3 thicknesses available and how to know the good one for your bike?

Thanks
  2. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Where are you? We have 98 octane european gasoline ,i would put thinnest but would not expect it to run low octane fuel.At all... I dont know what thickness mine has now but it suffers with 95e10,sounds much healthier with 98e5.
    If you have only low octane fuel available ,head for thicker. Atleast i would. More compression=more power and better effiency(esp with piston closer to head at tdc) ,with higher stresses to engine and demanding more fuel knocking resistance.
  3. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Interesting thank you! Live in France and Always 98 octane. I did not know that the head gasket thickness was calibrated for octane indice. Anyway I am going to unmount the top end tomorrow, I will measure the actual head gasket.
  4. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    proper reason for different thickness is piston to head clearance,repair manual calls piston in bore 0,5mm is 1.1mm gasket
    p-i-b 0.6 is 1mm gasket
    p-i-b 0.4 is 1.2mm gasket.
    With bigger engines its usually effective to target 1mm piston to head clearance. For both economy and power. If rod gives,it doesnt make difference if there is 1mm or 5,piston wont stop before head...
  5. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I will measure my current head gasket to be sure !

By dismounting the engine today I am now sure of the issue !
    [IMG]
    Nice pool of coolant on the piston ! Hope the rings are not damaged due to this coolant stagnant here..

[IMG]
    Blisters close to every holes...