HBMC Dual Euro

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Huskynoobee, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    This was one of the lost threads after the recent server issue. I tried this format for the first time and had a lot of fun. If I hadn't tried to smash a rock with my chest protector I would have done the day 2 race, but oh well.

Here's me feeling froggy passing in the rocks just off the ribbon after a less than stellar start on the bomb. 0173x_(2)_small.jpg

Here's a group shot with my club brother on the KX. He got a great start and it took me a lap and a half to catch him! This was before a check and we got spread apart again. I was reeling him back in when I took my sample. I did pass him a few minutes later, but that was only after he took his own dirt sample. We were both sore in the morning after this one. All in all another class win for the old WR and it's slowly improving pilot. 0173x (1)_small.jpg
    robertaccio, Trenchcoat85 and NH-JP like this.
  2. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    So what is a European scramble format?
    How is it different than and Enduro or a hare scramble?
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's pretty neat. They run 3 races a day on 2 separate courses. Each course is 8-10 miles and the race goes for an hour running as many laps as you can before you get the checkers. You race one course the first day and the other the second day at the same time with your same group.
    robertaccio and NH-JP like this.
  4. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    That sounds really fun.
    Hard to pull the multiple course thing off here on the east coast.
    We have a series called J-day that runs 2 30 minute motos on courses that are mixed woods, extreme, and track.
    But it is on the same course.
    robertaccio and Huskynoobee like this.
  5. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    I remember the European Scrambles format, early 70's era. I agree that it was fun although the coarse got pretty torn up toward the end. Standing was mandatory the last lap or the ole kidneys would take quite a beating.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    looking forward to the D37 sprint enduro series in 2019. So far I am all in on that series , should be lots of the same type scrambles/XC/Tough stuff loops/special tests.
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep, that series is going to be great. We have 2 Sprint Enduro events this year and I'm keen to hit at least one. The one I'll be most likely to attend will be the United MC event in Johnson Valley on Sept. 23. Checkers MC is hosting another one on October 14, but that's pretty close to our race so not sure on that one.
    robertaccio likes this.