Had a little weirdness.

Discussion in '610/630' started by xymotic, Aug 10, 2009.

1. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

08 610.

Friday I changed the oil and rest the speedo.

Saturday I had a mellow day off-road. Nothing to extreme, but I road all day.

Coming down the mountain we got stuck behind some cars for a few miles. Really mellow driving @ 35mph. When we got to a passing lane me and my buddy went WOT, he left and my bike acted like I flipped the kill switch and completely died leaving me coasting to the side of the road. I had about 100 miles on the tank, Looking in the tank, it looked like the right fuel pump side was empty and the left had gas. I leaned the bike it fired right up and away we went. Fuel light came on about 10 miles later @ 110.

Is it possible that the fuel pump starved completely WITHOUT the reserve light coming on and WITH gas in the left side of the tank? Or should I be looking for loose wiring in the ignition?

Then today, the oil change indicator came on. wtf? The bikes got MAYBE 10 hours on it from the last change. I reset it again and checked it, the OC interval is at 035. Is that about right & Any ideas why it'd come on prematurely like that?

I'm not a big maintenance guy, I wanna do as little as possible but still have a reliable bike. what sort of Oil change interval is minimally required on the 610?
  2. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Umm, are your crossover fuel lines open?

Sorry that's all I got right now............
  3. rajobigguy Administrator

Could it be that since you heading down the mountain that all the fuel was pileing up in the front of the tank and away from the x-over tube? That would explain why one side had gas and the other was empty.
    Don't know what to say about the service light other than to try and reset it again.