Great Tool for Tire Installation

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Kenneth Webb, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I came across this tool while browsing Ebay and ordered one. It's made in Estonia, and it arrived at my home in less than two weeks. Price was $179 as I recall, and worth every penny. Check out this video and the website. You will need to use the "Translate" button. You won't understand a word of the video, but the visuals are enough. I love it! I'm going to use this at home, but am thinking of replacing some of the steel parts with aluminum so I can carry it for longer rides where I'll have to replace tires along the way. On the main site, it's the tool in the top right pic. See what you think! http://www.kauritmoto.com/
    ozzie, john01, typeone and 3 others like this.
  2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Wow, what a great idea! That tool looks quite handy! Total for me in California is about $166 OTD.
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Very, VERY nice find!!! That thing looks GREAT!... Looks like it could be used in conjunction with a bead-buddy to make it even easier. That's the only flaw I see is the bead you've just installed popping back out.

Otherwise, the leverage needed, and design on that tool is genius!
  4. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great Find !
  5. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Working on my second tire now. Yeah, I should have them all finished but I take lots of cold drink breaks because it's HOT out there. I lubed the tire bead before installing, even though Are didn't in the video. The lube makes it a bit slippery, but that's needed with Tubliss. I just put a rope around the start point to hold it into the drop, along with my bead buddy. No problem. This thing is just amazing, I'm tellin' ya. No comparison to levering the bead over the rim. You can sick a tire iron at the point that one side wants to come out, hold it with your leg, and ease the bead on over. That's what I did. With a dry bead, or even with bead cream, I don't think that would be a problem.
    lankydoug likes this.
  6. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I need this tool.

How do you order it? That site is tough to figure out, even translated.
  7. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

wow, that tool makes it look pretty simple
  8. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e

go to the home page
    click the english flag near upper right
    click on tire changing tool
    Click Order Now Button
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That is turtle awesome. :applause: I have to get one.
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    He changed the tire in the video in less than 3 minutes, how long does it take you? It looks like you would never scuff a rim either... is that true?
  11. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    That tool looks like a must-have!
    lankydoug likes this.
  12. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    That does look like a neat little tool and not to take anything away from it but, I remember when I was amazed at how slick the tire changer in the No Mar promotional video seemed to work. Come to find out they had been using the same tire for all their demonstrations for quite awhile before making the video. That tire had been mounted and dismounted over a thousand times. It probably could be installed without any tools.
    After saying all that, I would be interested in one if they really work that good.

I wonder though how long it will be before there is a Chinese knock off for 39.95?
  13. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I wasn't timing it, wasn't trying to be quick, and I'm using the Tubliss so there are a few more steps involved. If I spent more than 10 minutes mounting I would be surprised, and it was probably between 5 and 10, max. No, no scratching the rim. It just eases the bead out and it pops down over the rim. The bead doesn't have to be over-stretched as with tire irons. Once the bead edge gets to the rim, it goes over. Really ingenious.
  14. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    Great find -- is it adjustable enough for smaller wheels? (kids bikes--14/17, 16/19 for example)
  15. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I wonder if there is a tool that makes removing a tire as easy as this is for putting them on?:thinking:.
  16. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i was just wondering the same thing
  17. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Will do 16"-21" no less, no more..
  18. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    When something so simple works so well it really is a thing of beauty. It also pisses me off that I didn't think of it first... these guys are going to sell a crap load of these things.
    WHITEROCKET5.9 and huskybear like this.
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Looks like a handy device to have ... I'm waiting for next improved version at a lower cost :) ...

Tires are changed here or a flat vulcanized for < $1 so I'm not hurting too much on tire maintenance ... But again, I like the look of this tool ...

Attached Files:

WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  20. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

problem with cheaper is that that ratchet part will strip on you when you most need it. or the cast lever will break midway through a changing process on a trail. i dont know how good of quality they are in the first place but thats just my experiance when cutting corners on tool prices for the most part.
    john01, mnb, huskybear and 1 other person like this.