1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st got a question for the racers around here

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by razornpc, Jul 27, 2009.

1. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

been finishing really good on my 144 this year in small c class. im moving to B class next year.

my question is im not sure it will be enough bike. im way faster on the little guy then i am on my built up 250, but the 250 is more bike then i care to wrestle around for 2 hours at a HS race and even more so for a 50-90 mile enduro.

i know on a given day anyone can win but should i stick with the 144 or should i look into a 200 KTbooM?
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

stick with the 144 for awhile.

running fast the second half is what its all about. less is more.
  4. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I turned expert on an old 2002 GasGas 125 which many consider underpowered compared to many other 125s out there,but it was like riding a pedal bike in the tight woods and really only left me stuck on a long hill once in my whole season,they dont tire you out in the long run,I would have been racing a WR125 this season if not for the few issues they had from the factory,who knows what model i will be on next year? I know it will be a husky though!
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You know what i am going to say Just read any of my posts for the last 2 years
    Husky CR 125 can run with the best ,Well you might say that is because he is in the old mans class but i also have 2 kids on them 1 is leading in points for the AMA Nationals hare and hounds .That same kid use to race a 510 and just a few years ago was # 2
    open Dist 37 .but says the 125 is more funThe other kid comes back after not riding for 2 years and does well
    also .Heck we now have lights on it and just finished 10th overall at a 120 mile long desert night race.The kid started and comes in 5th overall but i am old and lost a few places .But each lap the kid gained a few back ,only to have the old man lose a few
    Plus you say you are on a 144 we ride a bone stock 125. All of us ride in the a expert class so if you ask me i will say stay with the 125/144 Husky
  6. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

ok, cool.

the only thing i have to say to ajaxauto is your all in the expert class. im in C going to B. id like to stay in this one for another year or 2 as well. just curious.

i didn want to have to set up a new bike anyways.

ps.i already know i dont like the wr250's so that out of the question.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I ride my 09 WR125 with a pretty fast guy on a 09 KTM 200, no problems with staying with him on the 125 in tight woods. Where I find the 125 limiting is in the faster open stuff with big hills and on big MX tracks like Washougal. the 450 blow by you on that stuff even if you are pinned and wide freaking open. They have twice the power and 4x the torque and at some point that will come into play. It also comes into play in the tighter stuff though and they (bigger bikes) are way slower in threes, down hills and the second 3/4ths of the race so you gain all that back and more ending in a win. The 125 is an amazing machine at FUN and not wearing you out. If it is working for you now stay on it. I think there might be a larger version of the 125 in huskys future so hold out another year and there might be factory options to deal with the KTM200. (all very much rumor at this point be seems a very possible)
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you are doing good in the c class then you should be ok in the b class My point of saying we are in the a class was as you move up it gets harder to run up front .But the little 125 have been holding there own as we have to run against the faster class .
    Your 144 is that the one that was for sale in texas last year i was about to buy that one but the owner said it went to iowa
  9. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

the very one sir!!!

hell of a bike, you know why i couldnt pass it up for the price.

auto clutch kind of makes up for the lack of displacement on the hills.

only things ive done to it was put the yellow and blue back on and put a big tank on it. youve sen pics on here im sure.
  10. BentAero Husqvarna
    A Class

Racing a 125/144 will teach you to be a faster, more aggressive rider. Spend a few years wringing the daylights out of a popper, and you'll be waaay faster on the bigger bikes later on than if you switch to a bigger bike now. All the really fast guys started out by learning to fly on a 125.
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So how much of a power increase is the 144 kit over the stock 08 CR? BTW I love my little CR125 it's a blast to ride.
  12. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i have no idea, i bought the bike with the BB installed.
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am seeing that now with the 310. Meaning that prevoiusly learning to need to be in the right gear at the right time, critical line selection, getting all shes got (said in the "Scotty from star trek" voice) when riding the bike, and making sure your really on it when coming out of tighter stuff and entering more open stuff so the big bores don't catch up on all the stomping you gave them in the woods. Now on a larger bike I know I am going quicker and even though more weight, the new frame is the bomb! Handles so effortlessly. The 09 125 in the new frame must be as comfortable as riding a size 2 on a honeymoon!

Joe
  14. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

You will be able to handle the mighty 250, when you grow up Razor. Be patient.
  15. o200rider Husqvarna
    A Class

there's always an orange 200 with an auto clutch for sale in the Des Moines area.
  16. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

There are also some sweet Chinese 150 four strokes on Craigslist.
  17. MrBungle Husqvarna
    B Class

Good advice right there,.. did it myself on an orange bike, definantly helped me out

STAY ON TEH uno FOUR 4
  18. MrBungle Husqvarna
    B Class

looks like the 144 is working out well for you Razor.....good ride yesterday!!
  19. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks!

yeah, the little bike just loves to be reved to the moon!

it ate up that grass track ,it felt like, till the pros got around me!
  20. MrBungle Husqvarna
    B Class

The 450 was loving the grass track too......