Go on..pimp your 08TE610IE..

Discussion in '610/630' started by venture4th, Aug 11, 2008.

1. rajobigguy Administrator

No you don't, you're not going to use me as an excuse to get out of work.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I think that you can see that I drilled 4 holes in the new fender to match up with the bolts for the factory luggage rack. the holes are opened up enough to get a socket thru them and do nothing for sercureing the Baja fender. I added a center support bolt that goes through both the factory rack support and new Baja fender. You can also see that I secured the fender on both sides using the hardware supplied with the Baja fender. Now get to work. Oh yea you will new to remove (cut) the old plastic license plate mount away before you start trying to fit up the new fender.
  2. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks very much!!! My drill is charging and ready for the surgery. It looks like you did not have to cut the Baja fender...
    Are all the lights I assume plug and play.
  3. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
  4. rajobigguy Administrator

Did not have to do anything to the Baja fender other than poke a few holes for the mounting points and turn signals.
    So far as wiring, it was pretty much plg and play but I soildered on better connectors and although not clearly visible in the pics all four of the lincence plate mounting bolts have red LEDS in them that are wired into the brake light circut.
  5. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks for the additonal photos rajobigguy. I've also got this rear tail light on the way and like the method you used for mounting it and minimizing the holes thru the rear fender. Plus you can still utilize the factory rack mounting locations... nice!
  6. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

OK I just installed my fender and use slightly different setup. I did use all 4 screws from the rack to bolt the fender in. Also I used OEM location for the turn signals. So in total 6 screws holding the fender.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. rajobigguy Administrator

Nice job. I intentionally located my signals further aft to accomadate a custom rack and saddle bags. I should be finished with it in a couple of weeks ( God willing and the river don't rise). I'll post pics as soon as it is complete. It will be sporting a surprise that I think you will like.
  8. bass_on_tap Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey Hoss, that sounds like a nice bike, can I ride it sometime?