Go on..pimp your 08TE610IE..

Discussion in '610/630' started by venture4th, Aug 11, 2008.

1. venture4th Husqvarna
    B Class

In the interests of taking on the pumpkin crowd, and broadening the appeal of what's already a highly appealing bike, thought I'd start this thread to get the ball rolling and see what sort of suggestions come in from the crowd for enhancing what feels like the unenhancable. I'll start with my immediate plans for my own, to which you can feel free to add your own wish list items.

• Zeta XC Flasher handguards : see http://www.zeta-racing.com/controls/armor/index.html#anchor-xcf
    • Uptite Racing Bashplate: No URL, as Georges site is still down..C'mon George..
    • Larger tank: IMS, Clarke, Aqualine, Husky- I don't care who from, but SOMEONE please get a move on and give some concrete, confirmed advice..and no, I'm not filling up my camelback
    • Regular beatings of my own backside with a lump of 4x2 to get ready for the longer runs..or just maybe, a sheepskin left over from my F650GSDakar..

That'll do me. No doubt I'll see pipe suggestions come in for Barrett, Uptite, Arrow, FBF, LeoVince etc.. when I can start hearing sound files and see performance charts that compel me to move away from standard, I'll start listening..

Who's next?
  2. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

ducati hypermoto handguards.
    uptite skid plate
    leo vince/power up kit
    led signals
    led brake light
    acerbis halogen headlight
    marchesini wheels/ distanzia tires

coming soon renazco seat
  3. venture4th Husqvarna
    B Class

LED brake light, eh..that makes sense. Who makes one that fits the 610IE?
  4. rajobigguy Administrator

Baja designs has a universal one that works pretty well. You will have to do surgery on the original palstics but it fits up nice. Rear turn signals are Electrosport.

BTW I have the Zeta XC handgaurds with the intergated blikers (LED) and love them.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Dude, you still riding that with the rubber plugs in the footpegs Got to my first muddy area and about fell off the bike first time I stood up, freaking thing tried to eject me. pulled over and ripped those things off, problem solved. :D
  6. rajobigguy Administrator

Rubber on for the street and rubber off for the dirt. That is after all why they made them removeable.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Took mine off, adjusted the brake lever for it off and will never put them back on. Hate the disconnected standing on marshmallow feel. I stand a lot. I'm tempted to put my fastways on there.
  8. rajobigguy Administrator

Brake pedal adjustment is a big deal, first time I popped the rubbers off (for off road riding) I was locking up the back brake everytime I tryed to slow down. I adjusted the the brake pedal for use without the rubbers and just leave it that way. On the street I don't use the rideing boots so a little more reach dosen't bother me.
    A lot of people like the Pivot Pegs.
  9. venture4th Husqvarna
    B Class

What's the pipe you're running on there Rajo?

Have taken my new 610 out for a run tonight-don't know if anyone else has encountered it, but there's a large amount of light from the front edge of the headlight that bounces up through a small gap between the speedo and plastic shield- really distracting. Will have to find a spare black sock (easy to find) for me to stuff into the gap as a short term fix. Blinding at night when trying to glance down to the speedo. I've grabbed a snap that I'll try and upload to show the problem..

Attached Files:

10. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

i fixed the light leak, but it didnt help the fact the light may blind you looking from the top down, but no one can see to drive looking at the ground...... lol. i changed the whole assembly..
  11. rajobigguy Administrator

The pipe is a Leo Vince with a quiet insert and spark arrestor screen. It isn't so loud that it is offensive as a matter of fact in some situations it is actually quiter than the stock one but whne you are on the throttle hard it has a pretty serious bark.
    There should be a foam rubber gasket around the headlight assembly, if this is missing or not posistioned correctly around the lens it will allow alot of light to escape in you're direction.
  12. venture4th Husqvarna
    B Class

I try not to, but the number of speed cameras around where I live makes it a necesssity..

OTOH, looking down for a while then looking back up keeps the scenery constantly fresh. Look up and you're in a whole new place than you were 500m back! Not so good for spotting kangaroos looking to clobber you tho..:)
  13. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

Can you take the pic from under the fender? I just got the Baja fender and I'm trying to figure out how to install it.
  14. rajobigguy Administrator

Sure i'll get something up this weekend.
  15. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    Here's the list for my 08' 610

Seat: Renazco (coming 9/29)
    Skid: Utah
    Footpegs: Fastway F3 in lowboy position
    Handlebar risers: Husky WR stock units
    Handlebars: ProTaper Contour KX Hi
    Handgrips: Ariette
    Exhaust: Leo Vince X3 system
    Clutch cable: Barnett
    Headlight: Acerbis Dimension HP 55w
    Handguards: Cycra ProBend w/Magura Clamps
    Power socket: Powerlet BMW-type (w/homemade alum mount)
    GPS: Garmin 60CSX + RAM mount
    Tankbag: Wolfman Enduro (w/Powerlet kit)
    Battery: MagnaPower (Varta blew up on me #@%$!)
    Suspension: Forks revalved by CCylce. Race Tech Gold Valves + Marzocchi compression adjusters installed
    Suspension: Shock revavled by CCycle 5.8kg straight rate Showa spring
    Subframe: Battery Tray gusset welds
    Chain: DID X-Ring
    Kickstand: auto-retract removed, 1.5" added to length
    Mirrors: TE450/510 folding type
    Radiator Guards: Unabiker

I'm sure I forgot something. Dang I just realized I've spent way more on this than the KTM 690E I had first planned to get. lol :p
  16. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

Got pics? :D:D:D
  17. rajobigguy Administrator

Sorry. Writing note to self right now.:o
  18. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

How about now...can you hear me now? LOL
  19. rajobigguy Administrator

Chargeing camera battery right now. I honestly didn't forget, but the wife had me running from sun up to sun down and then the equipment at work decided it wanted to spend the night with me caressing it (two nights in a row). I'am surrouned by affection starved objects.:D
  20. ElDiablo Husqvarna
    B Class

OK no problem. I was hoping to work on this tomorrow as I'm going to Tahoe on Fri. If not...no big deal I can do it next weekend.