Gathering Under Way!

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by Norman Foley, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I just left the Logan Farm and people are rolling in and getting settled. We've been working on the Grass Track and Trails all day.... Should be a blast!:cheers:
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Will there be adult beverages involved around the campfire? :)

:cheers:
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dean,
    Joe is there.... What do you think?:busted: I saw some Cafe Husky stickers on the sign up table.:cheers:
    Norman
  4. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

wow what a great weekend,rolled in about 10:30 friday night,fire was roaring and there were a half dozen guys there already,MFI guys and P3 guys were there,I set up my camp and jumped in by the fire BSing about the weekends activities,woke up and surprise there were double the guys from the night before,got out on the trail after a few donuts and coffee and did four loops before most of the riders got dressed,they had a 7 1/2 mile loop which had a woods loop and a sweet natural MX track out on a hillside,followed by some fast grass track action,filled the tank up again and was ripping through another loop when I came up fast(probably scared a couple of them!)on rob K. and a bunch of guys helping out a TC450 rider get his bike running,pushed started the bike and we all got under way,back at camp wally palmer showed up after driving all night from indy endurocross,he sutited up and did a few laps on the grass track,then fred hoess showed up and those two were battling it hard on the grass track! we had a few competitions and the talent pool was stacked,wally jumped over the log obstacle we had made and im hoping someone got pics of him doing that. Afterwards we had the raffle,thanks to all the sponsors that provided all the great prizes and gift certificates,pretty sure dave eckel won everything!! I know I heard that husky blender going till at least 2AM and im sure joe was manning the blender,I was beat,I ended up leaving early as they were all going back out on sunday morning,I finished up with 78 miles for saturday and had plenty of riding,nice to meet everyone and ride with a great bunch of guys,thanks to all who helped put this on and im sure there are alot of guys and girls involved who stayed out of the spotlight,thanks again!!!
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kevin,
    Glad you made the event this year. Joe and Mike from WER kept the blender howling until the wee hours for sure.
    Norman
  6. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm glad I finally made it to the gathering. What bunch great people we have in our Husky community.
    I had a great time & can't wait till next years event.
    Big thank you to those that put it together. Norman, Joe, Kara, Walter & Mary who provided land, and the others I don't know about.

Also a Big thank you to Mr. & Mrs. Allphases :applause: You guys ROCK :thumbsup:
  7. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I want to extend HUGE thanks to Joe, Norm and Kara for organizing a top-notch event, and another thanks to Walter for offering up his land for the event.

My son Tom and I arrived Friday afternoon, just as the grass track was being finished up. We signed in, checked out all the items up for raffle (SO MUCH STUFF!!), geared up and hit the track. Tom is an 8-year-old novice, and this was his first big riding weekend on his KLX 110 Huskasaki. We tooled around the grass track, we explored the mountain meadows, and we picked a bunch of wild apples. Saturday morning, I put Tom on the back of my TE (with the freshly installed OEM passenger pegs), and I took him out on the enduro loop to show him the kind of stuff I'm riding when I disappear on Sundays. Hardcore enduro trail with a passenger--what a hoot!! We found more fruit trees, and we just couldn't get over how beatiful the views of the valley were--it's a little slice of heaven up there.

It was awesome that Wally Palmer, Freddy Hoess, and Drew Smith came out to the event to show us what these Huskies are really capable of. So much fun to watch them battle on the grass track and tackle the logs in the special test.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/...y Gathering/?action=view&current=DSCF3293.mp4

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/...y Gathering/?action=view&current=DSCF3292.mp4

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And I also want to extend a special thanks to everyone for making my son and I feel so welcomed. The Husky Community is a peculiar thing--we rolled into the weekend knowing basically no one, and we were instantly treated like family by not just Joe, Norm and Kara, but by all the attendees, as well. I think Tom will cherish his memories of this weekend as he gets older. I know I will!

[IMG]

[IMG]

A few more thanks: Scott at Toy Tech Cycles, MFI, Hall's, Fox Powersports, 7602 Racing, Motosportz, and Cafe Husky (and others, I'm sure) for all the donations to the raffle. We cleaned up!! I didn't win the EFM coupon ($200 off!!), but I sure as hell can't complain when we came home with that sweet Troy Lee Designs helmet--and it fits perfect!

I wish we could have stayed for the Saturday campfire, but we had to hit the road so I could make it to the Beehive Enduro in Millville, NJ Sunday morning. I'm sure there was some SERIOUS bench racing going on.

Thanks again, and you can count on Tom and I being there next year!
  8. spinkta boy Husqvarna
    A Class

All I can say is What a fantastic event! Norm, Joe, Kara, Walter and Mary, you all exceeded my expectations in every way!!! After being laid up with shoulder surgery in July, all I was looking forward to was Husky Weekend to close out my rather non-eventful summer. I had no idea it would be that good!!! I actually had no intentions to even ride, but made the last minute decision to throw my bikes in the camper. First off, some of my best friends who I haven't seen or ridden with in 15 years were all there and I had no idea they were showing up. It was literally like being transported back to 1995! Between Fred, Spence, Eric and Lindsay Pirie, Drew and Pinner (Mike A.), and even the almightly Bob Agonis, who came here instead of Beehive, I could not have been in better company. Likewise, having never meeting Joe or Norm in person before, they made my family feel right at home. Everyone was so cool there! Even the horses were cool. I met so many great people from all over the Northeast, all passionate about their Husky's. Kara, thanks for riding with Deb. It was her first time out this year and she really enjoyed riding with you. Also, when Deb ran out of gas on her TT, who helped her figure it out? Norm? The trails were increadible, the grass tracks epic, the special test events terrific and the raffle prizes went on forever! Thank you sponsors! The one thing I can't understand is how corporate Husky US is not a part of this event?!? It's amazing to me how this is such a first class, yet grass roots event. The boat is being missed by someone somewhere. Thank goodness the dealers and local motorcycle industry have it figured out. All Phases, a special thanks to you and Pam for spending time with our 3 year old while Deb and I rode together. You totally spoiled him! I haven't stopped smiling all day! I can't wait to see all the pics (Thanks in advance photographer Kara)!
  9. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

chuck,nice to meet you and glad to help you out,it was too hot to keep pushing it out of the woods!! gotta give you credit for trying to ride that beast in those tight trails,must have been a blast out on the moto part of the course,saw you out on the wr300 that terry brought,what did you think of that one? what about the TXC250 you rode out of the woods?
    wish i could have had a ride on that brand new wr150,it just might be my next bike!!!
  11. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

This weekend I attended my second Husky gathering. and I'm sure to be there for all future aditions. Haveing the chance to catch up with with friends old and new, ride some beautyful trails and share stories with some true enthusist's was a treat.
    The attendees all had great attitudes and especily the kids they all were redy to jump right in and take their turn in the events and give a good account of themselves, bodes well for the future!
    We were treated to perfict conditions mixed trails no dust, however if the weather was bad and all we could is sit around a smokie campfire with wet sox and inadiquate clothes I couldn't think of a place, or even imagin a place where I'd feel more comfortable!
    Thanks for the hospitality Walter&Mary special thanks for all of Norm Joe and Kara's excelent planing and hard work we had a great time!!!
  12. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    Wow!

All we can say is Wow!:applause: What an event. First time with great weather too.

We had a great time. Thank you very much to Joe and Norm and of course Kara (the anchor!) Special thanks to Walter for all he and his family have given to this even and the motorcycle community in general. Walter, i also appreciate the personal tour and ride on Friday and for letting us crash on Thursday nite. Thank you!

Ruffus...Look forward to seeing you and family next year. Hope your ass heals!

Spinkta boy... Loved riding with you and Colby.. What a blast. look forward to DS in Jersey. We'll hook up for sure. Pam loves your little boy!

Dfeckel...if you can remove wisdom teeth as fast & smooth as you can ride, please bring your little black bag next year.

Good seeing all the old faces and meeting all the new ones.

Bob & Pam

Attached Files:

13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bob,
    You and Pam are a wonder! Thank you for all you did for the event. You are being drafted to Team Husky duty next year!:busted:
    Norman

Norman
  14. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

LMAO, Yup I'm sure my ass will survive. When I told Pam (my wife Pam) about the horses there, she got a sparkle in her eye & already started thinking what she needs to do make it next year if it's at the same location. Thanks for feeding me & practically everyone else, you guys made me feel like family.
    Everybodies attitude the was fantastic. I feel like I made a lot of friends & I'm very impressed with & humbled by the riding abilities of everyone there. I definitely need to hone my skills, & come with a slightly different bike setup next time :thumbsup: :cheers:
  15. KP Duty Husqvarna
    B Class

Had a great time riding with Deb and Chris :applause: out on grass track #2, and thanks to everyone for all of the highly entertaining, enlightened and/or depraved conversation in between rides. It was great to see the regulars and meet some new folks.

Pictures are uploading now. I THINK I got at least one of everyone riding trails, and Joe will post some up here soon. I though Mr. Hoess was going to take my head clean off with his front tire at one point :eek: but he looked like he knew what he was doing :lol: so I held my ground...as a testament to his skill, my head is still attached.

Print-size pictures will be posted on Photobucket and we'll put some of them on the www.huskygathering.com website this week.

I'd just like to mention that Pam was missed soon after you guys left...we got hungry and we are incapable of feeding ourselves half as well as she fed us ;)

Norm and Joe work on this for months every year and they, along with Walter, made it possible. I do some grunt work but they're the life and labor behind the Gathering. :notworthy: I'm not sure how they arranged the perfect weather, but I heard some talk about sacrificing a KTM to the Gods. Guess it worked.
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It sounds like everyone had a great time :)

:cheers:
  17. TPAK Husqvarna

I only stayed a little while but had a blast. I want to thank Joe for all his help in tuning my 310. As well as Terry from Fox Power Sports. Wish I could have stayed longer but my son had plans that I had to get him to. Next year I will be sure to bring his bike as well and stay longer.Thanks to everyone for being so helpful and friendly.
  18. epie Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Hello Everyone,
    I want to thank Norm, Joe, and Kara for a great event. The course was down right awesome and it was great for my first and new Husky WR250 break in. P3 will be a part of this event for as long as it exists. It was great to see some old racing/riding buddies and also meet some new ones. Thank you again.

Eric
    P3
  19. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

A picture is worth a thousand words so...Start with one of the trail head
    [IMG]

And the trails.. again...A picture is worth a thousand words...
    [IMG]

Is it the trails or that he's breaking in a 5 minute old 2011 WR150?
    [IMG]

A slight "tribute" to Magoo!
    [IMG]

The "Thumpettes" had fun
    [IMG]

As did the "Gentleman from Texas"
    [IMG]

some woods a little tighter...
    [IMG]

others so easy a caveman could do it..
    [IMG]

Drew felt right at home..
    [IMG]

As did an old powerful WR360!

[IMG]

The woods were great!

Grass track was awsome too!
    [IMG]

Wally and Fred put on some ripping and displayed what these Huskys are capable of!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    No zoom lens required here!
    [IMG]
    L.P. kicking it classic style
    [IMG]

The future Husky Grass track Master
    [IMG]

I was not kidding...It says so!
    [IMG]

Drew hands out awards for the WER challenge winners
    [IMG]

Mike ripping flat out on his old Elsinore 250......I mean rippin!
    [IMG]

The Husky 125/144 crew represented well too...not a single owner under 45 years old!
    [IMG]

The raffles had lots of folks smiling...winning Troy Lee Helmets!
    [IMG]

Gift certificates
    [IMG]

And presenting a plaque to our gracious host and his family
    [IMG]
    Busy but will post more later

Joe
  20. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great photos Joe&Kara. Would it be posable to run this same thread on the general section, like to make sure everyone that can makes an attempt to join in on next years Husky Gathering.