Gas tank removal on tr650 strada

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Raymondwhiteley, May 7, 2017.

1. Raymondwhiteley Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 husqvarna tr650 strada
    Me and my dumb ass done managed to puncture my gas tank. I can repair the damage but I must first remove the tank. My metal shield under the back fender came loose so I tried to force it back into place and the corner of the shield cut into the tank just slightly. I started to take it apart this evening and I didnt realize just how much work it involves. It appears that I will have to take the sub frame off to get the tank off and by doing that I will have to disconnect every electrical connection, pull the sub frame back and pull the tank out. Am I going about this right or is there an easier way? Pleeeeease help with some good advice!
  2. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Martinehijo, BetterByCab and nev.. like this.
  3. Raymondwhiteley Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 husqvarna tr650 strada
    Wow dude! You have been sooo helpful to me! I do have a workshop manual downloaded but it is different. Nothing about removing the gas tank. I compared the two and noticed that mine says 9/2012 rev00 and the link you sent me said 9/2012 rev01. Totally different! Thanks man! Im confident I can repair it now and I was on the right track but running blind. You have opened my eyes! Much thanks!
    vodka and nev.. like this.
  4. Matt Crawley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    **UPDATE ON FUEL TANK REMOVAL**

The Workshop Manual is WRONG. The rear subframe MUST be removed to remove the fuel tank.

I tried it with the subframe attached and fought it for 3 hours. Removed the two subframe bolts and it came out in 30 seconds! :censored:

Matt
  5. georg4mn Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR-650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Former '06 CBR600rr & '95 FZR600
    Y'all, thank you SO much for this documentation and the update, Matt C. Saving me a ton of trial and error installing the AF-XiED.