1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

FYI - Frame Chafing Wiring Harness!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by danbartol, Nov 11, 2010.

1. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have been having an intermittent headlight/dash electrical problem/short, kept blowing the headlight circuit fuse.

To make a long story short, after weeks of trouble shooting I finally found the cause.

The mounting bracket for the coil has a sharp edge that cut into the main wiring harness and caused a short.

Make sure you take a look at your bike and catch it before it happens to you.

Wiring Harness rubbing against bracket:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Damaged harness:
    [IMG]

Shorted wire:
    [IMG]

The Fix:
    [IMG]

Re-wrapped the wiring harness and added some plastic sheathing.
  2. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks much for the heads up! I'll check mine and improve it next time I have the tank off for sure.
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I feel your pain. I have been telling customers to either check their bikes or bring it in and have us fix theirs.

Apparently the 11s have a much simpler wiring harness. I have heard that Husq will replace the 10s harness with the 11 harness when they become available.
  4. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I here ya. When my fuel pump failed I found a couple of wires that head their insulation worn through. One was to the pump, but not really sure it had anything to do with it's failure.
    Good idea to just go over all the wiring harnesses.
    :cheers:
  5. crillyiv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the heads up. [IMG]
  6. rdbandkab Husqvarna
    A Class

Will be checking this issue out. Lost the dash/lights/horn yesterday. Bike continued running ok, but possibly lost the rad fan as well?

richy