1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Future Parts Availability?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Travis616, Sep 3, 2016.

1. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I was just answering the question about "who is SWM". I do believe they have stated that down the line they will build 2 strokes, but for now they are concentrating on getting up and running with limited models.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  2. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Honda CR125/134 build
    I checked out the link,but have not saw the SWM line before now, interesting but are they close enough to interchange parts? So far I have been able to get anything I have asked for from the dealer within a week but I haven't needed anything major yet..
  3. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
  4. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Sorry, no offense or argument meant.
  5. woodsrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    '18 Alta MXR
    I've been wondering about parts availability for my '06 WR125 (now WB165) too. I figure I'm good for the next couple of years with this ride and by then the '17 Husky and KTM 150's will start showing up on the used market and I'll pick up one of those then.

Will probably end up keeping the Husky though, won't be able to sell it for anything by then anyway. I've seen the Italian Husky's 125's going for so little money lately, even 165's, that I'm thinking of buying one just to have the spares from it! -Ed
    ripnriding likes this.
  6. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Some good deals out there, especially this time of year in Canada - people start selling off summer toys to get money for the winter ones! At least the common wear parts are available aftermarket, just like any other brand. Think I just changed out the original piston on my '11 CR150 - seems like I have put more hours on the bike than any previous owner
    Kam1 likes this.
  7. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Where? I haven't seen them
  8. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    There was a guy parting one up by Ottawa, a few pieces on eBay that were in Ontario. Guess it has been mostly parts that I have been watching for. Lol. There was a couple of good deals in the classifieds here, there are traditionally some deals floating around this time of year if you're in the right place at the right time. Which I'm usually not!
  9. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wouldnt be concerned about getting parts for a 125/250 2 stroke. The motor was around for so long there will be a good supply of parts. TE449s are another story......
    wallybean and woodsrider like this.
  10. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Was >| |< this close to driving down to Kentucky for that 165 a month ago...
    Travis616 likes this.
  11. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Yea I messaged him to see about meeting up somewhere as he is 8 hours away but he said he didn't have any way to transport the bike. Oh well.

I sheared off the kick start shaft in my 177 last week. Called up Hall's and they had it in stock and to me in a few days.
  12. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
  13. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Seems high. I see 2010+ 125/150's for $2500-$3000 regularly and a few 250/300's in the $2500-$3500 range depending on year.
  14. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    shawbagga likes this.
  15. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The prices are higher in Canada where zombie is, usually 1000-2000 dollars more.
  16. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Those are definitely on the high side! Are people thinking that they're worth more now that husky seems to be gaining a little more of a following? I paid $2800 for my '11 CR150 a year ago which was a low hour bike from what I could tell
  17. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I don't know.

I don't get it
  18. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Well it will be interesting to see if they get anywhere close to that kind of price. I am sure that they look at the 2017 pricing and think they can get more for their used scoots. Unfortunately it doesn't really work that way. The bikes are out of production and you could pick up New for that price or less not that long ago.
  19. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I know. I paid less than they're asking for a new CR150. FWIW, I did score an 11 WR300 about a month ago for about half what they're asking. They're out there, but for the most part, the people that own these Huskies seem to think they're worth a fortune.
  20. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think it's sort of the same with all brands, we just notice it with the husky's because that's what we're looking at