Fuel screw measurement?

Discussion in '610/630' started by miketv, Oct 25, 2008.

1. miketv Husqvarna
    A Class

Greetings folks,

on the used 2006 610 that I purchased it had an aftermarket fuel screw installed which I found out was too short and the wrong taper. I purchased another aftermarket adjustable one from SRT and the taper measures what I think is correct however the length is not right.

Does anyone have a measurement of the actual needle length from the shoulder? I'd like to run an adjustable one but it's looking like I'll have to order a stock screw or try another one. I've read that the Scotts one works well and is correct is this true?

cheers,

Mike
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I've used the Scotts brass on a few different 2006/7 TEs & SMs (250/450/510/610) with success. Never measured it but it looks like the original to me when comparing.
    http://www.scottsonline.com/products.php?PartType=59

If you need more info I can be more thorough in a few days.
  3. miketv Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks Dean,

I'll get one ordered up.

cheers,

Mike
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    For the record I've use an MSR aluminum fuel screw which is the "wrong" length from the tip/taper to the bottom of the threads - and it works just fine. The exact placement of the threads on the shaft did not make a difference.

If you have not tried the fuel screws you have you may want to.

Did you really want "Fuel screw measurement" as a title? Maybe "Which Fuel screw?" Whatever you want it titled is fine by me. If you want to change it double click just to the right of the title and when viewing Main Forum and you should be able to change it.

5. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    I don't like the aluminum fuel screws. I had a MSR and it was a short, wide taper compared to the stock brass screw. While tuning my carb, I tried to bottom the screw out and shut off the fuel... the bike just keep running so this screw was junk. I replaced it with a Merge Racing which is brass with a fine tip. The Merge Racing has a T-handle made of plastic for easy adjustment. I would definitely recommend a T-handle like Scott's or Merge Racing.