Fuel reserve light refuses to go off

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by vfr, Jul 8, 2010.

1. KaramanTE450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin
    Thank you for your help ,
    Go for new resistor ......
  2. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

Ok...here's the scenario: Let's assume I'm out in the middle of nowhere with working fuel light and it blinks. There is no gas station to go to, so I'm screwed anyway. Better to top off at the beginning of the ride and not go further than you have fuel to go.
  3. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    I like the old petcocks with reserve. You run out and then switch it to reserve. No electronics to mess up. I guess it goes hand in hand with FI today.
    Mike-AK likes this.
  4. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I'm thinking a carbureted bike with a clear fuel tank is a better option off road than the current FI bikes. Too many things to go wrong with FI. I agonized for an hour over the TE310 and the WR300 at the dealer when I bought my bike. Sometimes I wish I would have bought the WR.
  5. KaramanTE450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin

I did it!
    Firstly, the resistance is 110 ohms
    but not found in market 110 ohms ...
    and take 2 of 220 ohms and connect in parallel because parallel connections are divided into half became ohms and 110 ...
    I put a 20 cm cable behind light to not break again ....
    this is it ...
    Greco Maskara

Attached Files:

lsoup and AndrewS like this.
  6. Ismael Jesus Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 510
    So my fuel light was always on and I found a way to solve it using the resistor (wich wasn't there and I'm guessing for a long time).

Now the light goes off.

The problem now is, if I flip the tank to get the gas out of the sensor, the light doesn't come on again.

I've checked all the cables in the fuel pump and metered them and they're all ok.

Any guesses?
  7. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

The factory wiring diagram says 68 Ohms.
    I had the same fault on my 450, so replaced the resistor with 2 resistors in parallel to get as close as 68 Ohms as possible. The fuel light never came on again, so I gave up on it, then eventually sold the bike.
    Perhaps the manual is wrong, and 110 Ohms is needed?
  8. Ismael Jesus Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 510
    I've tried with a 110ohm resistor and the light did go off. Now i can't get the light to come on again. Its a 2008 TE510.
  9. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm getting the impression there are 2 different values of resistor used depending on model year. My resistor broke, and the fuel light came on permanently, but I couldn't read the value coloured bands on it as it was so badly corroded. So using the factory wiring diagram fitted 68 Ohm, and then the light was off permanently.
  10. Ismael Jesus Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 510
    It could be that the low fuel sensor is bad as well. It is also a thermistor but I don't know what the stock values for it are.