Fuel pump to fuel injector hose - retainer?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Matt Crawley, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Matt Crawley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Hello all.

I am in the process of replacing the fuel tank and at some point the retainer for the fuel line became separated from the tank. This is the little plastic ring on the top of the fuel pump that is pushed down while you pull up on the fuel line to remove.

Looking at the Parts Catalog it doesn't look like the retainer is available as a separate part. Is it supposed to be part of the elbow of the fuel line? If not on the elbow is this a standardized BMW part that I might find at a dealer?

It seems that when the fuel line was removed the retainer stayed on the tank but then fell off as I was moving the tank.

Matt
  2. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    I wonder if its a standard fit part that you might be able to source from some other model bike from a motorcycle wrecker?
  3. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada

Is the retainer-ring only used as a securing device to prevent the fuel-line neck from dislodging from the fuel pump housing?
    Looks like it's sitting fairly loosely on top just held by plastic prongs clipped into some plastic 'hooks" on the fuelpump base-plate.
    Maybe fashion some locking-wire instead?
  4. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    If it is the fuel line retainer clip it is not available as part, believe me I have tried (unless you want to buy the complete fuel pump). My friendly KTM mechanic took one off a KTM fuel pump for me (after I damaged it)....this is you best option, find a mechanic who can help you.
  5. Matt Crawley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Grrrrrrr... :mad: Do you know what bikes share that fitting? is it a standard german/austrian thing?

Matt
  6. Matt Crawley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Update from the Husqy dealer: Retainer is not available separately and parts guy has never seen another KTM/Husqy bike with that connector.

I'm now looking for a used pump on ebay. New pump is >$250usd

Matt
  7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Find and post a picture of what you're looking for so those of us without a 650 can help.
  8. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    #4 on the bottom pic i guess

s-l1600.jpg Capture1.PNG
  9. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    KTM and some Italian huskys use a similar locking collar on their internal fuel line bundy connections. I wonder if you could mod one to work? The collars stay with the female connector too... just like your bike. These redhead and ktm690 internal fuel pumps are the ones with the 4-bolt plastic flange- easy to recognize.

i might spend some time hunting for the original too.

You might be able to fab something up on the fuel filter side. OTOH, the big white piece looks like PE or PP which is hard to work with (except you can plastic-weld it).

bundy collar.jpg

bundy collar 2.jpg