1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Fuel pump thermistor readings

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Xicobombas, Mar 6, 2017.

1. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Interesting read guys, wish I understood what you were both talking about. Mechanics I get, electrics is so confusing. I always though OHMS stood for On Her Majestys Service. Its great to have you blokes on board.
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    yeah, a lot of people feel that way. Also, "Ohm" is a measure of electrical resistance described by the German physicist George Ohm- back in the mid 19th century IIRC.
  3. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N

Hey Trench

Long time no see. Well I've got something to report since last time we spoke.
    I've changed alot of things on my bike specially the wiring harness (TE model).
    The first time the bike came from my mechanic, the reserve light was on, full tank went off. Temperature here hit us pretty hard last month, plus 40ºC (104ºF) every day. :thumbsdown:, so I couldn't test the reserve light again, maybe next weekend.

Last week at work, tested the previous wiring harness (TXC model) and noticed an important discovery, the 2 wires that connect the pump and the reserve light (Y/W & B) were swapped, that reserve light would never be turned on ever.

Finally I lowered my RPM, it was the choke (enrichener) cable being a little (1 or 2mm) short and was raising the RPM. Removed the lever at the handlebar letting it loose, now the bike works like a charm at low revs. :applause:

Next month, the ENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP will be at my city, time to learn from the pro's (or not). :oldman:
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    so it's kinda hard to tell- you think the low fuel level LED is functioning properly but it was too hot to ride? ...and therefore the tank is still full?

sounds good. keep us up to date.
  5. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N
    Yup, outside it looks like you're inside an oven. :eek:

The moment you dress up to ride, the moment you're all covered in sweat. :naughty:
    I believe it's working properly, need to empty that tank again to check it.
    I'll let you know later.
  6. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N

Definitely it's working. Our home made fuel sensor replacement works like a charm. :applause:
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  7. tamb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi all,
    my fuel led doesn't work, I measured the resistance between the blue and the white cable from the tank connector and with the tank full of gas the value is 3.6 KΩ, at circa 24° C (75°F).

Before pulling out the pump from the tank for the third time :banghead: (I rebuilded it a couple of week ago), I have 2 questions for you guys:

1) does anyone know the approximate setpoint value in Ω that turn ON/OFF the reserve light?
    2) has anyone measured the Ω value between blue and the white of the connector with full tank?

Thank you all :notworthy: