Fuel Pump Problems

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by royal05, Apr 5, 2015.

1. royal05 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuky GSXR 1000
    Hi there,
    I have a husky SMR 510 and my fuel pump i making funny noises, yesterday after a long ride my bike died on me.. Then i wait a bit and then the fuel pump start making funny noises and won't start. After 5 or 10 minutes it started, but today the fuel pump is dead..

It's a common failure?? It hapend to any other users??

Any ideas rearding the repair? Should i buy the hole fuel pump module or only the fuel pump itself??
  2. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    Hello...
    I heard that fuel pump dead issue few times, also few new model has....If you buy fuel pump I recommend this https://ca-cycleworks.com/products/fuel-carbs/fp-hus, way more cheaper that hole fuel pump unit.
    I dont know how other Husqvarna dealer works in other country but, in my country they sale only hole pump modules and that cost 460€
    ray_ray likes this.
  3. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    It's common, the pump seizes up from the crap in unleaded. It forms a lacquery gunk that gets in between the rotor and stator.
    Despite using good quality fuel I've had 3 fail on me. First one under warranty and they replaced the whole unit.
    Then I just got another one from ebay and it lasted way longer than the original one. They come in a kit sometimes with hose and hose clamps.
    If you just buy the pump you need to get some in tank high pressure fuel line (rated for fuel injection) too as the original line is a crimp on plastic thingy.
    If you get a replacement pump with a barb fitting (hard to find) you just use stainless hose clamps to fit a bit of new hose and job done.
    If it is a smooth non barn fitting run a cable tie both sides of the hose clamp which you later secure on the clamp holding the pump. it stops the hose sliding of the outlet of the pump.

Don't buy the original ones you can buy almost 10 pumps for that. I paid $79 then for the pump alone and 15 bucks for the hose (long enough to do several)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Intank-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1c1916a0&vxp=mtr
    hawaiidirtrider, ray_ray and 268fords like this.
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    When you replace the pump and the fuel line, replace the plastic fuel filter as well. I have used this one for years.

[IMG]
    hawaiidirtrider, ray_ray and Mik-3 like this.
  5. craigerr Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003KX500, 2012 KX450
    Hello, I have a 2013 TE 511, purchased this fuel pump and mine is different...any advice??
  6. craigerr Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003KX500, 2012 KX450
    Hello, I have a 2013 TE 511, purchased this fuel pump and mine seems much different. Any advice??
  7. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    Ok, that fuel pump what is in that link is for, like in there reads
    I dont know those differents in 2013 and 2008-2010 models..You should sale it and buy that direct fuel pump..
  8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    We sell a pump to fit your 511 and also offer the Cycle works pump with your CafeHusky discount.
  9. MeanGuy1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 Ducati, 08 Triumph, 80 Yamaha XS
    I need a fuel pump for my 2013 TE 511. I'm having a hard time finding a direct replacement. Tried Zipty and Cycle Works with no luck. What are my options. I don't want to by the whole assembly. What pump works with the original assembly?
  10. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
  11. maddog82 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450
  12. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Go to this website. ( highflowfuel.com ) it will take you to "Quantum fuel systems" Or call 818-574-FUEL (3835)

Quantum T35 Intank Fuel Pump For Husqvarna TE 511 2011-2014, Replaces 8000 H3742

[IMG]
    Additional Images
    • [IMG]
    • [IMG]
    • [IMG]
    Pricing: $69.98
    SKU: HFP-397-U
    Qty:
    USPS Priority Mail / First Class Small Items
    Add to CartItem Inquiry
    Description:

SKU: HFP-397-U
    The HFP-397 is a direct replacement fuel pump for late model EFI motorcycle and ATV/ UTV applications which use the new 30mm compact fuel pump motor originally manufactured by Keihin.