1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Fuel pump, need auto experts here please

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by OlderHuskyRider, Dec 2, 2010.

1. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Thanks Manic, the only step left now is to find the 30mm original which will avoid having to modify the stock carrier/holster on the flange plate. My fuel pump in my 2010 TE 450 said Made in China, so I am 99% sure there is a pallet of 30mm pumps somewhere in China that wholesale for $7 apiece for 250 of 'em. Retail them for $99 and you make some money.....
  2. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    30mm is the diameter of the base correct? or ~1 3/16th of an inch?
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Not just the base really, the entire fuel pump is 30mm wide, by 80mm tall. The white plastic in the pic is what I've been calling the carrier/holster, as best I can remmber, it's removeable from the flange with a small bolt. The carrier/holster will have to be largely removed to mount a 35mm aftermarget pump.

[IMG]
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Here's a pic of my fuel pump, the only pic I took the other day when I dipped it in fuel injector cleaner and wired it to run, in an attempt to clean it.

[IMG]
  5. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Got it, I may take your list and go to a major auto parts store and do some measuring..................Let me see what I can come up with.:busted:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1133904 I got to this by cross referencing some of the alternatives on your list..........

same specs as the Walbro but 43 bucks from Rock Auto

This is the Jag 1995 FP part....................I'm buying one for 43 bucks to play with.
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    MAKE SURE the bottom has the centering peg with the up-take hole off-set from center.

Heck, it looks correct to me....
    [IMG]

If it's cross-referenced from the Walbro/Denso/Jag number, the member named auto has already installed one in a 510 and its been working fine for 6 months, so you are cleared for liftoff with that one. But 99.9% sure its a 35 mm. Post up here if you get it, I've got an idea on how to preserve about 45% of the white plastic carrier/holster if you decide to install it now.
  7. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't "need" one yet. My bike has low hours but I am always interested in trying to source a cheaper way, assuming it does meet the needs. I did order one, I wanted to get it and measure it all up.

I mean, it would be nice to know if I do need a FP, there is an alternative, especially if it is only 43 bucks! I have the 45 dollar option for my KTM 950 and it works great.
  8. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Great, we'll look forward to the measurements and pics, thanks Firebolter.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'll go with this, thanks for all your hard work. :)
  10. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    I'm Happy to see Husky people using the info on the Jag pump I came up with.I still feel your better off with the 35mm pump body.I would like to see someone come up with a nice stand that holds the 35mm pump.As for a $43 dollor pump,you get what you pay for.
  11. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Got this yesterday from RockAuto, this is a URO Fuel Pump from that cross refs the jag part number in the list of possibles.

[IMG]

It is 38mm diameter (widest part, gold case) and 110mm long from flat end to flat end. That means if you stood it up on the electrical plug side and measured flush to the bottom part of the other end like the fuel intake, it's 110mm. If I added the centering pin to the length measurement, it would grow about ~2mm. Sorry, camera not here! Has no markings on the FP itself other than the box it came in which says Jaguar Fuel Pump and the company website, www.uroparts.com

I went there and URO parts is a big OEM for Jag (other Euro cars/SUV's) and also owned by ATA Industries and they are based out of Simi Valley.
    So I wonder if they have one with the same specs but a little smaller?

Further reading on their website, these guys are huge! They make parts for every Euro manufacturer for the most part.

http://www.uroparts.com/uro/site/about
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Possibly knock on their door and show them an OEM pump and ask? That is in southern California... amazing what some smiles in person can do..
  13. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I MIS_MEASURED MY DUCATI PUMP!!

I just got through ACCURATELY measuring the circumference of my gold Ducati pump. The Circumference is 120mm. Converted to Diameter, that equals 38mm.!!

They are the same!!

That pump you and the member named auto found beats my goal of a $100 fuel pump by $50.!
  14. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    They look the same...............We can make these work if we needed too.
  15. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Actually, more than that on your pump, it's the only one that's proven, by the member named auto, he put it in a 510 six months ago. No other alternative pump has a success story, so the one you have is proven.
  16. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

ok. im liking this thread.. always good to have spares

just wondering why it is not possible to find out who makes the original pump clearly it is out sourced to a company and stamped up with husqy ' ducati.. maybe its this one just found maybe its not..
    am i missing something? is it all secrecy from the manufactures.

regards

Andy
  17. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    They have traced the stock pump to a manufacturer, but they only sell to OEM. Alot of parts are like that and that is why we are looking to find a "just the pump" solution.
  18. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    The solution is the pumps were used by Husqvarna in the original assembly of our bikes.:excuseme:Hello Husqvarna USA,is anybody out there?You know how many of these things are failing and the frequecy that they are going,ISN'T IT ABOUT TIME TO OFFER A REPLCEMENT FUEL PUMP AT A REASONABLE COST? We aren't asking for much ,not even a recall,just a reasonable priced replacement.The entire assembly for my Saab was less than $290,a pump motor could have been had for less than $150 my truck $250 entire assembly.I think they should either recall or offer a replacement fuel pump for a reasonable cost.
  19. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Concerning the Aprilia fuel pump assembly for $250, the following was posted on ThumperTalk. Many thanks to Randysoo for his research into this 50% off solution for Husky EFI riders.

randysoo
    TT Bronze Member
    OK, I had a chance to check out the Aprilia fuel pump. Although the p/n's are different, this could be due to small differences like the low fuel sensor stalk is different as well as the the hose to the fuel filter. But overall they look the same. I may try putting the Aprilia pump in the Husky just to make sure it works.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  20. gasgaskid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Keep up the good work guy's, there has to be a reasonable solution. I don't have any problems now, but with the miles i put on, sooner or later it's going to happen.
    250$ for the Aprilia pump vs 500$ for the identical Husky pump? Shows you who's out to gouge their customers...