1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

fuel oil mixture 32:1 or 40:1 wr 250 83 ???

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by megagobby, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Fritzcoinc Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1 great write up. Who else would know better what amount of oil to use than the manufacutre. I run 24:1 with Echo oil and alls well.
    In my experence, Ring Free is a good product. I have used it in outboards, chain saws, all other sorts of two stroke lawn equiptment, and bikes and have always noticed crisper response and especiality smoother ideling with Ring Free. Most likly because it promots better ring sealing.
  2. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    I have seen a few different dyno tests over the years like this one and they are all really close in comming to the same conclusion. I really liked the dyno testing another tech school done on motorcycle specific four-stroke oil, suprising results on heat and horsepower. They were in the middle of dyno testing motorcycle specific engine coolants the lasttime I checked their blog.
  3. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Harry Taylor my 'mixed gas mentor" agrees that 24-1 is optimum on the dyno also. He told me to run 32-1 for all around riding style
  4. wrenchinremo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    390 OR, Silver streak, 2 500 XC's,
    Other Motorcycles:
    81 KTM 495, 510 TX, WXC 610
    "Premix 101" what a great article, I agree with the richer mixture increasing compression but I ride 500's how much more power do I need? I can't kick em as it is! Your explainations are very insightfull. My problem is that I'm a cheap skate, Higher ratios mean a bottle of oil mixes more gas. But as Tommie D stated, "jetting has to be correct". That, in my dumb assed opinion, is the most important part of running a bike. I'm under the impression that oil "kills" Octane, knocking it down quite a bit. Since I'm a tightwad I run pump, not race fuel. Tommie, am I correct? I've run Amzoil at 100:1 many times during races, but my mind seems a little less nervous at 80:1. I've also had great luck with Klotz green label and the 20% caster oil blend at 50:1 (Gotta love that "Racey" smell) But the best value that I've found is Valvoline "smokeless" at 50:1 (They had the testing standards changed/upgraded to NMBA/(BIA) specifications, and were the first of offer "TC-W 3" specs). I really don't know what all that means for certain, I do know I've never had a seizure using it. Don't guess when mixing, I always use the pump to measure the fuel and a Ratio-Rite for the oil. I go riding a the drop of a hat and can't always prepare properly. I can get Valvoline at Walmart on my way out of town. JETTING, JETTING, JETTING! I live at 4300ft. elevation so I need the proper 14:1 (air to fuel) to be as close as possible, cause this is the low spot of the Great Basin and she'll only run worse if it's not, at 10,000! I have to run a fine line between lean settings and reliabilty. I try real hard to pay attention to what I'm doing, parts for these High Desert 6 spd screamers are expensive! Remo
  5. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

BLENDZALL @ 32 TO 1 WITH ENERGY RELEASE ADDITIVE WILL KEEP ANY MOTOR ALIVE AND WELL AND YOU CANT BEAT THE AROMATHERAPY :)
  6. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I like the Blendzall in the old air coolers, too. Smells amazing. But what's Energy release additive?
  7. mike328 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, very interesting. BUT the oil type is important too..want to comment on castor oil?
  8. mike328 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Geesh..I was beat to the punch!
  9. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    The castor oil has a reputation for not staying thouroughly mixed over time and is not recomemded for alcohol (ethanol) blends. At least that is what I understand. I mixed it up once or a few bottles and used it for a while but unless I drained the gas and shook it up good before using there was a stress level associated. I ended up having a failure and stopped but the failure wasn't the engine having a major problem but the stator losened up and bound making it seem as though it had major problems but I discovered that later. I found an old dictionary and looked up castor and it said the oil was used in racing airplanes. The beans grow in India and southern asia if i recall. From my recollection of watching racing from probably when the europeans came over and showed the americans how fast they were like in 1968 or so at Pepperell Ma, Bean oil aroma was very strong.

Maybe all spooge isn't the same, I have one brand x bike which makes a lot of it and have been told I could re use the oil but a lot of folks. It drips out on the swingarm when I park the bike and certainly is a different substance than spilling some pre mix on the floor and having it evaporate. A modern plated or elector fusion coated cylinder isn't the same as an iron liner is it? All the bikes I have taken apart that I have ridden the crank wheels are well coated but no standing oil in the bottom. I also have never flipped the bike (two cycle, 2t) upside down and had a big cloud of smoke at start up like I would expect if there was standing oil in there.

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that the heat of vaporization (negative) has some bearing on the oil coming out of solution and looking like normal oil stuck to the insides of the lower end.

fran
  10. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Energy release is an additive that i have been using since the early 80`s
    I am a distributor of the product.
    It is absolutley amazing how much more power and longevity you can get out of any engine!
  11. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

I will send any Cafe Husky member a FREE 2 oz sample to try!
    Dwarf66 likes this.