fuel filter cleaning - fuel injected 610

Discussion in '610/630' started by MotAd, Nov 6, 2012.

1. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    as my bike's coming up to 10k miles i thought i may have a look at cleaning the fuel filter on the next service. any one have experience of it? is it as easy as emptying the tank, unscrewing the fuel pump assembly, then opening up the filter housing somehow and cleaning it? the manual doesn't show how to clean the filter etc so wondering if anyone can give me some helpful tips, or even whether or not it's worth doing. mostly run 97 octane so the fuel's always been good...

while i'm at it the service schedule also mentions the engine oil suction filter but again doesn't specify where it is. i'm guessing it's in the oil pump but clueless really... edit: being a dumb ass and not reading the service schedule chart properly. oil suction filters are the bag filters! :rolleyes:

thanks guys :)
  2. maxyb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, classica 105
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB350, CD90z
    fuel filters are replaced usually (in 60-100,000km intervals in cars)

you could just backflush it with a bit of fuel, but to be honest i don't see a reason to.

max
  3. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    hey. the service schedule says to clean it every service. thought i'd have a look if it's relatively simple...
  4. zoomdude57 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200XC-W
    Aren't the fuel filter(s) part of the petcocks? Seem to remember the service manual detailing this. Plan on looking at mine this winter.
  5. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    The fuel filter is on the pump assembly inside the tank. Once the tank's drained you just unbolt it and pull it out by the looks of it. Just unsure how the fuel filter disassembles and whether to order a spare part in case it's easy to mess it up...
  6. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    I queried this when the EFI bikes first came and the response was that there is no service interval specified for the fuel filter. Effectively It's on a 'change if you have a problem' basis!

Dave
    MotAd likes this.
  7. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    oh cool! thanks for that fella. i noticed the 2008 service manual crosses over between the carbed model and the fi model so maybe it's in the service schedule for the carbed jobbies. either way there's no problem so i can stop thinking about it! cheers :)
  8. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    My 610 have less than 9.000 miles.
    On the owner's manual, they state that the fuel pump filter doesn't need maintenance, while you should clean the two petcocks filters.
    I've done it, but they were already very clean and their o-rings were intact:
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  9. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

There's also a filter / bag of sorts for EFI 08-09 bikes. It's outside the fuel pump, inside the tank. You should have a small inline filter up by the TB.
  10. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
  11. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

TB=Throttle Body/Carb
    Theo likes this.
  12. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

No inline filter as OEM as far as I know?
  13. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

You're right, I was thinking about my 570 Berg. It has an inline filter.