front sprocket cover?

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by mikezx, Mar 29, 2010.

1. mikezx Husqvarna
    B Class

hey let me just start out by saying i love your products, i have clutch,stator and oil filter cover for my bike from you guys! i was wondering if you would be able to machine a billet sprocket cover simular to the stock black plastic one that comes on the 09smr510. i know you sell the case saver but it leaves the sprocket exposed. i love the look of my red covers and would like to see more red on my bike lol! let me know if thats even possible?

thanks
    mike
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Mike, thanks for your business. I'm glad you're happy with your engine covers. Making some sprocket covers like you are suggesting is possible, but most dirt going husky riders prefer to remove the stock plastic guard to prevent it from packing up with mud. I'll keep your idea in mind though in case more come forward and want the same thing.

It is possible to modify our case saver so you can attach the stock plastic cover to it. Not exactly what you are wanting, but it would get a little more red on that bike of yours. :D
  3. mikezx Husqvarna
    B Class

ya i don't take my smr off road so i dont have the mud problem, and the open case saver makes me worry that my pants or something will get cought up in the gear. but your idea of using both may satisfy me for a bit! lol maybe i should make a bunch of cafe husky screen names and hit you up for the same thing a bunch of times lol!
  4. Clayton75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Mike,
    I had the same issue with the lack of sprocket cover due to our racing requirement to meet Australian Design Rules (racing includes transport sections on open public road), so asked Clay for some options. He suggested drilling and tapping a hole for the top bolt and just fitting a nut and bolt for the lower one. I had been thinking of doing this, but wasn’t sure until Clay also suggested it. I decided to use a 5mm bolt for the top because it meant drilling less of the material away from the guide, and it worked great.
    [IMG]
    Thanks to Clay for the quick support!!
    Cheers,
    Clayton.
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I was gonna suggest you use an m5 but it looks like you were already thinking that. :cheers:
  6. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would love a red cover to be made, bling it on!
  7. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not a bad idea for the SM crowd :thinking:

:thumbsup:
  8. mikezx Husqvarna
    B Class

sweet some interest from others! Clayton75 i like your solution and may even do that!
  9. KCI-John Husqvarna
    B Class

I'm interested in one as well!!
  10. DoubleOtt406 Husqvarna
    C Class

Hey I had on on my KTM 250F and absolutley loved it!! Mud never packed up in it! I would love to have one for my new TXC 250F.. I use to get a lot of comments on the line in the Women's GNCC class on my KTM in 2010 Sprocket Cover.. I would love to have a nice shinny red one with you guys names on it!!!
  11. SierraHusky Husqvarna
    B Class

Ohh ! Me too, me too. I had previously pruchased the case saver and wound up returning it as I was also concerned about the open, spinning, nasty, I wanna bite you looking counter sprocket. Make a combo case saver / cover and I'm in for my TE510.
  12. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Well, looks like I have to put this on the list of potential products to develop. We are VERY backed up at the moment so it is gonna be a while before anything happens on this.
  13. K7MDL Husqvarna
    A Class

I used longer bolts and reused the OEM thin metal case saver (sandwiching the 7602 in the middle) to retain the sprocket cover.

There was not enough meat on the 7602 part to drill the holes into properly. A small design change would leave some more aluminum around the sproket area so that holes can be drilled and threaded to mount the covers.
  14. banana944 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SMR510, 1996 WXC360
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 YZ300,01 KDX200 both street legal
    Old thread bumping back up. I think this would be a cool product.
  15. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com

Sorry to burst any ones' bubble, but we won't be developing any new products for the older husky's.
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    their not old huskys their new SWMs:applause:
    Colo moto likes this.
  17. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Ya, could possibly happen. Guess time will tell.
    shawbagga likes this.