1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc front sprocket brand crossover?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Dec 10, 2014.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    did a quick search & didn't find anyting so just postin her up. any brand crossover in regards to cr/wr125 front sprocket. dealer miles from me but Yamaha, Suzuki, ktm, kawi, Honda all down the road. was hoping maybe a yz125 or 125exc/sx might fit or earlier jap 125s? anyone know, really need it for the weekend. went to grab the one off my wr300 but it has a way bigger drive shaft than the small bores:doh: . rear sprocket, chain & brake pads are a goer though I think. joys of having 2 similar bikes-cannabalize one to keep the other goin(until pay day then get to buy all new gear:thumbsup:) thanks all as per usual
  2. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Shawbagga, I did a bit of research looking for a crossover for wr125 front sprocket and came up with nothing. Hopefully I missed something and a smarter member than me can help us both.....please.
  3. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    I did a quick check on Rocky Mountain and the Honda, Yamaha, Suz and Kawi 125's all have a different part number (from the same sprocket manufacturer and tooth size) for the counter sprockets, so I would guess they are not compatible. Same for the KTM 124/144, different part number, so looks like the Husky is unique.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeh jus ordered one through husky dealer. teach me to be more organised I guess. on a side note rear brake pads from 250/300s don't fit 125s-much bigger!
  5. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    rear break pads of some KTM models do fit (also brembo equipped)

Robert-Jan
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Hey there's a fella on GG forum who claims he used to use yz125 front sprockets on his kids 09/10 husky cr125's! Havn't heard back from him yet for what MY he used(I'd assume mid to late 90's being the husky 125 is from 98 really) & whether the offset was correct. Anyone heard of this before? Would make for more choice!
  7. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I haven't heard of any cross overs that work.

I ordered the Prox part number 07.FS62098-13, Rocky mountain has it Part# 1362560049.

I also have a Renthal part number 307--520-13GP in my notes but I have never tried it.

Later,
  8. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    The JT sprockets catalogue is a good resource when looking for interchange

http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue/model/4042/

Look u your application, click on the part number and it will show you everything else it's used on, or alternatively (I see they don't list a front sprocket for the 125) use the dimensions theey list for other models
    2premo likes this.